Great .45 ACP Revolvers

NGIB

I picked up this pair on trades last week and I'm thrilled with the find. They are S&W 625s, Models of 1989, one in 3 inch and the other 5 inch. Wanted a large bore revolver for some time but finding these in .45 ACP was a dream come true as it's a caliber I keep on hand already. Just thought I'd share my good fortune...

IMG_625-3X.jpg

IMG_625-5X.jpg

NGIB

Traded for them but between $800-900 each. They both came with 2 holsters each, wood & rubber grips, 50 moonclips, and moonclip tools...

stevieboy

I guarantee you you're going to enjoy shooting them. I used to own a 625 5" which I sold only because of the rising cost of .45 ACP ammunition (I don't reload). It was enormous fun to shoot and, extremely accurate -- a real tack driver. So, have fun!

batmann

Truly a great find, you will really enjoy shooting 'em. Looks like you will buying .45 ACP by the case now!

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Tasty!

I need a 3" .45ACP 625 myself to complete my set of 3" stainless Smiths (already have .357, 10mm, .41 Mag, .44 Spl, .44 Mag, and .45 Colt).

I can't believe how prices on 625s have gone through the roof!

NGIB

You're right about the prices. One of the fellas that works the range/store I shoot at offered me just about anything they had in the store for the 3 incher...

Smaug

Well, contrary to what many folks believe, I think 45 ACP is a great caliber for revolvers.

Moon clips = faster reloads in a self defense situation. (one would already have the clips loaded)

0.452" bullet diameter instead of 0.429". (for the 44s)

Adequate power, but not too much. Handloads from a revolver can be lighter than for an auto, and also heavier!

Great variety in ammo.

Great caliber to handload. (especially with 45 Auto Rim cases for range use!)

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
Well, if we're playing show and tell...

attachment.php

5-screw Model of 1955 Target (pre-Model 25), made in 1956. 98% condition, and I only paid $425. Think I could double my money? Yeah, me too, :p

Attachments

• 1955targetS.jpg
    1955targetS.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 2,887

thinkingman

I bought a Taurus Ti Tracker, 4" for outdoor carry.
It shoots very well at the range and is pretty much weatherproof.
I know there are Taurus haters out there, but I'm not one of them.

Laz

My favorite .45 acp revolver. This is not mine, just a photo, as I'm trying to learn how do add pictures.

attachment.php

Clearly I have some learning to do...

Huzzah! That did it. Now I have to take my own pictures.

Attachments

• NM BH 357 4.6 Blue .jpg
    NM BH 357 4.6 Blue .jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2,765
Last edited:

Laz

These are my two favorite .45 acp revolvers. Actually, currently my only two .45 acp revolvers.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_0865.jpg
    100_0865.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 2,813

clayking

NGIB.......nice pick-ups. I'm sure that you will enjoy shooting them for years to come. Congrats on the buys.

I have a discontinued Taurus .45ACP and it is very accurate and a blast to shoot. I considered the Smith but came across this at a very good price and went for it instead, I've got this sickness for vented ribbed revolvers. Being a taurus it had to make several trips to the factory for repair and finally being replaced, I still like it. If I should ever get another .45 revolver it will be a Smith 625.........................ck

Train45ACPs023.jpg

scottz0369

Very nice-I recently decided to find a .45acp revolver, and this thread is fueling the fire!
Hope to find something at a local gun show (Bloomington, Il) next week....we'll see what happens. I've got my fingers crossed for a nice 625.

Thanks for the motivation!

Majic

800-900 dollars huh. Maybe I need to start selling off my guns as a lot of them have doubled in price since I bought them. I could stop crying poverty then. :D