Grandma 357 on the tube

Glenn E. Meyer

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/6496-grandma-opens-fire-on-home-intruder

Surprising on the tube. The older woman - my age - haha - hears and sees an intruder. She unlimbers what looks like a 686 and calls 911. Without panic, she gives strong and fierce verbal commands. Shoots at the guy but misses.

He flees - cops catch him. Impressed by her actions and I puzzle that such a gun positive action is on national TV. She did everything right and a sheriff supports her.

Sorry - Shotgun Joe and Mike 'Big Gulp' Bloomberg.

Trying to hold a shotgun and use the phone at the same time would point out some of the difficulties of long arms in HD.

DaleA

Well OBVIOUSLY this can’t be true.

The gun in the home would have killed either the older woman or her husband (all by itself). Had either of them tried to actually USE the gun it would have UNDOUBTEDLY wounded one or the other or both before being taken away from them by the bad guy and used to slaughter puppies, kittens and bunnies down in the meadow after he had finished having his way with the home occupants.

Please check facts on these right wing radio talk show stories before posting them.

(sarcasm off)

Loronzo

This makes me think of a story on the local radio a few months back about a WWII vet whose house was robbed. He was armed with a .22 LR squirel gun. He killed one intruder and injured the other. I'm really glad that not only her intruder fled but was also apprehended... Thugs like that are a discrace on our society.

csmsss

The only thing I would do differently is set the phone down. No way I'm juggling both a phone and a firearm.