Grand Power K100

gyvel

Have any members had experience with this Slovakian pistol? I'm reading good things about it, but you know how the internet is...:D

Some of the ideas seem positively marvelous compared to other plastic pistols.

I'd like to hear any of your experiences with the K100.

Skans

I've been following this pistol since it was imported by STI as the GP6 and GP5. I am impressed by everything I've read about it and will eventually purchase one.

rt11002003

Being a target shooter, I sprung for the X-caliber model. It's different! But, as far as shooting one, it's better than I am. My understanding is a couple of Russian women won some international titles with them. That should speak to its accuracy. To lock/unlock the slide stop is a little tricky. I put a piece of toothpick between the frame and lock tabs, on each side. Makes it easy and simple. I haven't fired mine enough to offer valid info concerning long term use, but I'm impressed enough with it, knowing what I know, I'd buy it again. b/t/w the barrel is made by CZ.

I'm comparing it with CZ75 TS, CZ 75 Shadow Target ll, Witness Elite Limited, a couple of SIG X-Series, a SIG p210 6 and several other very good shooters; it holds its own in most areas. m/b not as refined in some respects, but it does the job very well.

gyvel

Base model from Bud's is $522.00 which puts it at the same price point as a CZ. Is it worth it?

JohnKSa

Administrator
I have the STI GP6. I love the gun, it's a blast to shoot at the range but mine has not been reliable enough for self-defense use.

The gun is very accurate, a smooth shooter and the trigger is very nice--about 3.6lbs in single action.

It's easy to take down for cleaning and there aren't a lot of nooks & crannies in the gun that need to be addressed for cleaning.

I found a small burr on the barrel the last time I cleaned it. I carefully removed it with a ceramic file and I'm hoping that's been the reason for some of the malfunctions I've had but I haven't had a chance to get it back to the range.