Grand Power K100

predecessor

Wow, not many responses yet Hank. Don't worry, once word gets out there will be.

I own a P1, a P45, and an X-Calibur.

Fantastic pistols. Especially the P45 compared to other pistols in it's class. The X-Calibur is a breeze to shoot and very precise, but really more of a show piece for me. ;)

Tony C

I tried to find an X-Caliber to shoot in USPSA production, but there were none to be found. I would have loved to find one. The reviews are great.

Hank R

They seem to be very popular in Europe and I have read some very good reviews lately. I have been thinking about getting one but wanted more input from U.S. Shooters first.-- Hank

predecessor

Predecessor, tell me about your P1 as that is the one I have interest in at this time.

PROS:
P1 is a tight little number. First thing you notice are the ergonomics. I personally like the feel of it in the hand over the P99AS/PPQ/VP9/320 group - not taking away anything from the ergos of any of these guns, just letting you know what crowd the P1 fits in with when you put it in your hand.

It has a great single action trigger pull that is short, crisp and clean (as is the hallmark of the GP pistols) - the reset is absolutely bonkers and is even shorter than the reset on the X-Calibur.

But this is a carry gun for me and the impressive piece of the trigger is it's double action pull. It is light (for a DA) smooth and intuitive. My favorite DA pull of any gun in it's class.

Recoil is a breeze as with the other GP pistols.

CONS:
The lines on the P1 are a little sharp for me. For carry, I prefer the rounded and smoothed lines of the P45.

The mags are not marked. Not a huge deal but it's an extra touch that would be appreciated to know the capacity of the mags.

Takedown is a little odd - I have an MK 7 that has the takedown cog built into the trigger guard so you begin like a PPK - and continue in that vein by removing the slide rearward. With a non-fixed barreled pistol I forget to put the slide back on from the rear so it takes a bit of getting used to but in no way affects the performance of the gun :cool:

Last edited:

Hank R

Thanks Predecessor , For the info as I am thinking about getting one even though I can't get my hands on one at the gun shows.

Hank R

Cyanide 971, thank you very much for the great review with pictures of the Grand power pistol. How would you compare the GP to the Bersa Thunder 9 UC that you have? Hank

predecessor

QUOTE]How would you compare the GP to the Bersa Thunder 9 UC[/QUOTE]

The Bersa UC9 is a cool little compact variant of the Walther P88 - they are nice builds for the money but not as high a build quality as the Grand Power. DA/SA trigger is nice but nothing exceptional. My favorite pro on the UC9 is it's takedown - absolutely the easiest pistol to field strip and put back together that I have encountered to date.

If pricing is equal, I lean heavily towards the GP

Cyanide971

Hank, you're very welcome!

I got rid of the Bersa a long time ago, and between it and a Grand Power, I would take the GP any day of the week if it was going to be used as a duty sidearm, whereas the Bersa UC would be my choice for CC.

The trigger is absolutely marvelous as I and Predecessor speak of. Jogging my memory a bit, I will say that the DA on a Grand Power is probably the smoothest and lightest stock trigger you will encounter, other than the gem on the Sig P250 (love mine).

Hank R

Thanks to Predecessor and Cyanide 971 for your opinions and expertise on the above pistols that would help me to make a decision when I decide to purchase.

Cyanide971

Thanks y'all, but wasn't any big deal. I'm just a bit OCD when it comes to trying to cover every basic detail (huh? hahaha) through my writing and pictures. Heed that warning should ya ever check my other reviews and/or comparisons!

[emoji12]

agtman

Where's GP's 10mm bad boy? Someone teased us with a pic of it over on GT's 10Ring.

Looked interesting, but if it can't digest 3K rounds without a bobble it didn't happen. :eek:

So we'll see if Slovakian engineering is up to it. :rolleyes:

Just sayin' ... :cool:

chrisp51

Very very satisfied with the K100 that I have. I would like to find a Xtrim but they seem to be very hard to come by.

balin

I bought my K100 a year or 2 back, from the reviews I read on line. I have found itto be equal to guns that cost much more. Feel handling accuracy are all superb. No real down side.