GPC Does it again.....

Charmedlyfe

Gun Parts got me again. First, after a couple orders, they finally send me a Siamese mauser follower instead of a standard '98 follower. Now, I order a standard military '98 triggerguard, and they send me a reweld. I don't mind the weld, but the front screw position is about a 1/4" too far back towards the mag well. I guess it must be for a 'short action'. What really pisses me off is that I had spent about an hour cleaning the rust and gunk off, then another hour and a half fitting a floorplate and quick-release before trying to attach it to my rifle (replacement of current guard). What's the problem, they can't READ???!!! I needed the thing done ASAP, now I've got to wait a while longer. ^%$^%$$#$*%^(&%(%(^%^%#@#!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr...

BBBBill

Well, George, I'm glad to know I've got company....sigh! I don't think they've EVER got an order right.

beemerb

Check auction arms wish list.There is a guy looking for a siamese mauser follower.You might turn a buck on it.

James K

Member In Memoriam
Maybe I hold my mouth right, but I have never gotten a wrong order from them. I admit that most of my orders are pretty straightforward, with part numbers and names, so maybe odd wad stuff is more of a problem.

Jim

George Stringer

Staff Alumnus
George, send it back to them and contact David at Hoosier Gun Works. http://www.hoosiergunworks.com I've had good and bad experiences with GPC but the biggest complaint I've ever had is their "workable substitutes". I haven't got one of those in quite some time but back in the 70s that seemed to be all I could get from them. The only problem I've had with them recently is I drop shipped a part directly to a customer and even though I checked and double checked to make sure that they understood it was a one time thing my next two parts orders went to him. George