Gp100/Security-Six acquisitions

boa2

Just discovered these. The stainles 6" half lug GP100 is a early 1987 model and fortunately, was only lightly test fired. The 2.75" Security-Six wasn't fired much either and looks virtually immaculate. The half lug stainless 6" GP100 was the hardest for me to find here in Kalifornia!:eek: I was just lucky, that's all!
P1000506.jpg

P1000512.jpg

P1000508.jpg

P1000515.jpg

NickW

Nice, that's the first 1/2 lug GP100 I've ever seen, but I really like that SS Security Six, that's a great carry piece!;)

IQ45

Boa2, your GP100 looks just like mine that I picked it up new in 1988. I'd like to know what holster you end up going with. Mine has been parked in a cheapo Walmart brown leather Hunter that goes well with the Goncala Alves grips. That Security Six is sweet!!! Nice score :)

Last edited:

boa2

IQ45:

Thanks for the compliment on the guns! Yes, I'll let you know whatever holster I might decide to go with. I have a police holster someplace but, I'm not sure if it's gonna fit my GP100? If I'm remembering correctly, I think it was for a 4-inch revolver? Most likely, I'm going to have to eventually spring for a new holster!:confused:

Just curious as to how your half lug 6" GP100 shoots? I haven't had time to shoot mine yet!:eek:

boa2

NickW:

You are right about what a great carry piece the snubby Security-Six is! I was thrilled to have gotten an opportunity to purchase this beautiful revolver! I love Security-Sixes! Although, I have a nice Smith and Wesson 2-1/2" model 66-2 snubby, I like my Security-Six the best-but, they are both great revolvers!:) Thanks for the compliment!:D

IQ45

Mine shoots pretty straight. When I first got it, I shot 100 rounds of Remington 357's. After my father gave me about 700 rounds of 38 spcl. wad cutters, you can pretty much guess what the diet will be going forward for awhile. I've still got some lead reloads in .357 to burn up too. Needing to make a trip...:cool: Happy shooting!

boa2

Thanks for the Info! I sure like the balance of the 6" half lug GP's better than the full lug! If I were going to shoot some powerful over loaded .357's-then, I might change my mind!:eek: But, I like the classic good looks of the half lug barrel!:D

Charger Fan

I sure don't see as many 1/2 lug GP100's as I do full lug, and yours looks great. It's a good looking companion to the Security Six.

I've got a 4" SS that has rapidly become a favorite at the range. It originally had factory wood grips, but it usually wears these Hogues for range trips...
e1f.jpg

...looks right at home in a pancake holster, too.:)
c8f.jpg

boa2

Charger Fan:

1)I agree that the 6" half lug GP100 makes a nice companion to the 2.75" Security-Six. Thanks for the compliment!:D

2)You have a nice standard barrel Security-Six there! I used to have a "Liberty" 4" standard barrel Security-Six-but, I mistakenly sold it! My 4" Security-Sixes are heavy barrels-so now, I need another standard 4" Security-Six!:cool:

JimB3

pancake holser

Hey, chargerfan. Where did the pancake holster for the 4" Gp100 come from? I have been having trouble locating one. Thanks.

Deaf Smith

I like the 2 3/4 Security Six most of all. I've got one like that but I had to turned into a round butt with Secret Service Grips.

attachment.php

Still it's a mighty nice pair.

Say, did Ruger ever make an adjustable sighted GP-100 with 3 inch barrel? I'd love to see one of those!

Deaf

engineer88

I gotta tell ya, I love my SP101, but those speed sixes are so gorgeous. I may just have to get me one of them sexy suckers one of these days. Thanks for sharing!

eddiejoe333

All these Rugers are nice looking! I like the wood grips on my blue Security-Six. I have a S.S. version, but the reach is too far for my finger for a comfortable trigger-pull. Wood grips for that are next.

JimB3

Pancake holster

Cool, but can anyone share a source for a pancake holster for GP100 4" ? thanks.