Gotta read this, NY liberal goes pig hunting NYTimes

PATH

Wow! That was a great piece and quite impressive considering the source! He really did capture the essence of hunting although in a manner that on the face of it is high brow!

mete

I remember as a kid in NYC in the old days that the paper we got had a regular column by Robert Ruark !! A real thrill to read but that was a different time !

Trip20

Can someone please paste/quote the article who's a member of NYTimes.com? They want you to join (email & password) in order to read the article.

gfen

bugmenot.com is your handy solution for people who want you to register for their articles.

TABING

The article is too long to post, would need 6 seperate posts.

I suggest you register, it's free, and it is a good newspaper depite it's liberal bias.

the article is in the Magazine section, lead article.

TheEgg

Because our identity as hunters is literally prehistoric — is in fact inscribed by evolution in the architecture of our bodies and brains.

By George, I think he's got it!:rolleyes:

What annoys me about these kinds of articles, however, is that they are written by people who come to obvious and common conclusions with an air of primal discovery, as if no one else in history has had these thoughts and experiences. This, I think, is a result of a lack of real world experiences, and a healthy dose of arrogance -- sort of what you would expect from a professor!:)