Got the Guns - But Ammo is Another Story

prm

Scored pretty good this week on firearms. I picked up an NAA Black Widow in .22 LR :)

Got home and the wife claimed it :-(

Found another one in .22LR/.22 Mag :)

Now the pit side of the story... I drove close to 50 miles/multiple stores and was only able to get a couple of hundred rounds of .22.LR, no magnums. One of the bigger stores told me it had been months since he had .22 mags. Price is about 2.5 times what it was a year ago. OH well... Gotta wonder when the madness will stop.

One of the big stories last night on the local news was the number of gun stores closing because they could not get ammo. NOT GOOD!!!

http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.co...nition-to-sell

Justice06RR

You should look more into buying ammo online. it has been pointless sometimes to try and find 22 ammo locally.

Congrats on the new acquisition

allaroundhunter

Dang....gunbot doesn't even show any .22 WMR ammo available...

If you were in the central Texas area I know of a couple places that have it, but they don't take phone or online orders.

MJFlores

I'm finally seeing rimfire ammo show up at several locations. Geesh last weekend I walked into a local store and bought one 550 round box of CCI .22 LR, and 5 boxes of Speer .45 ACP for $19.99 each. The 22LR was $30 bucks.

Keep looking, things really seem to be coming back.

fragtagninja

Your pain is felt all over my dear sir. Best wishes in finding ammo. Scouring the internet is pretty time consuming, but can pay off in terms of savings and the fact that you actually get ammo. Of course most of the time the shipping offsets whatever savings you would have had.:eek: Ahh the question that has plagued every gun owner this year. To shoot or not to shoot. That is the question. I sincerely wish you luck finding ammo. .22 seems to be the hardest to get these days. Everything else is coming back around.

olddav

Guns withouts ammo= High precision decorative sticks.
It is at this point ammo becomes a conversion kit resulting in a useful weapon.
Good luck on your conversion kit/ammo search.