Got The .44 To the Range Today

mk70ss

Finally got a chance to shoot a Taurus 431 .44 Special I got several weeks ago. Shoots pretty decent. here are 5 rounds at 40 feet at the indoor range.

CleanDean

If I come across a .44 Spl. Like your TAURUS 431 ... I will delay or give up my search for another short Bbl. .41 magnum.
MK70ss , Nice results on your target.

wnycollector

I traded a Kahr 45 a ~ 10 years ago for my stainless 3" 431 square butt. I swapped the factory grip for a set of Uncle Mikes and put in a Wolff reduced power spring kit. The trigger went from good trigger to great without sacrificing reliability.

I carried it owb during the winter when I hiked. My wife also carried it in her purse for a few months before she stumbled upon my 2" S&W M12. The 431 now spends to much time in my gun safe, but it's probably never going to get sold.

grCZGvhWiysi2yHb9

joneb

I had a Taurus 431 Round butt w/a 2.5" barrel and sold it to raise funds for a S&W 696 ND, I don't regret that decision.

chaim

I'm jealous. I've wanted one of those forever. 15-20 years ago, I won an auction for one on Gunbroker (I don't remember the exact price, in the $200-250 range), but unfortunately, my job disappeared just before I made payment. The seller was willing to negotiate an arrangement to cancel without impacting my Gunbroker rating (if canceling cost him any fees I'd repay them, I don't remember Gunbroker policies from over a decade ago so I don't know if I had to pay a marginal fee). It didn't take long before I kicked myself for that since I did get a new job before that $200ish would have made a difference. By the time I was buying guns again, the 431 alternated between much more money (well, $300-350, I'd be thrilled at that price now) or impossible to find. I don't really need a gun in that category (mid sized revolver, only 5 rounds), but if I saw one at a good price I'd jump on it anyway (the 2" .45LC Taurus 450 is the only Taurus I want more, if I can ever find one at a decent price again).

Prof Young

Sweet . . .

Looks like a sweet little gun. Perfect for fly fishing in bear country. If you can't catch the fish you can shoot em. :)

Life is good
Prof Young