Got some time behind some new rifles today

ronl

Got some trigger time behind some new rifles today; Tavor 95 and the Galil Ace. I'll say up front, I'm not a big fan of bullpup rifles. Did a side by side with the standard Tavor and the 95. The triggers were not stellar on either one. The recoil impulse on the 95 was a little bit stouter than the standard Tavor. I think that was due to the weight difference; 18" vs 16" barrel. Being used to the AR, mag changes were, shall I say, cumbersome. Both guns were accurate enough for what they were designed for and functioned flawlessly. Their fit and finish were very good. If I were in the market for a bullpup, the Tavor would have to be at or near the top of the list. In my opinion, the star of the day was the Galil Ace. With the possible exception of the true Sig 550 series of rifles, this is the best AK based rifle out there. Fit and finish of the rifle was excellent. Balance was very good. Although the rifle is listed as a little over 8 lbs., it didn't feel heavy at all. The rifle pointed and moved well. Trigger was decent, although not as good as a good Tapco G-2. Still, it was rather smooth and consistent with no trigger slap as you will find on some AK rifles. I did not have time to render any accuracy tests, but the Galil was accurate enough to put hits on the steel targets at 300 yds, that equipped with a Meprolight unmagnified optic with the chevron reticle, which I found to my liking. Only drawback to me is the price that IWI wants for their guns. All the rifles appear to be robust and reliable. I didn't have a chance to run 300+ rounds through the rifles to find out. Are the rifles worth the around $1800 price tag that they come with? That depends on what you want. Will they do anything better than a decent grade AR? Probably not, but they are very well made, and all the examples functioned without a hitch of any kind.

g.willikers

Yeah, and videos.
With great background music.
And clever animations.
Don't forget exploding targets, too.
We're never happy. :)