Got my P6 refinished

David the Gnome

Whew, almost 3 months later I now have my P6 back! It was worth the wait. I love the new finish, it really makes the gun look new again. The frame and slide are cera-hide stainless with house black controls and a new set of Meprolight night sights to replace the factory blank sights. I can't decide if I like it better with the factory grips and cera-hide stainless colored screws or if I like the Marschal's grips with the Hogue stainless hex head screws. In the light the Marschal's look really great but the factory grips really make the whole thing look like it came from the factory that way.

Here is the gun refinished with the factory grips:

newp602py8.jpg

newp601oq6.jpg

Here it is with the Marschal grips (as you can tell the sun was setting and the lighting was angled too far for decent pictures):

newp603fr2.jpg

newp604dw9.jpg

And these are the new Meprolight night sights:

newp605fc1.jpg

All in all I'm very happy with it, even if it did take a month or two longer than I had originally hoped for.

And for whoever may be interested:

CCR Refinishing- http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/

Marschal Grips- http://www.marschalgrips.com/Sig-P225/sig225.htm

David the Gnome

Shiner Bock said:
Very nice! What was done to the barrel?
It is coated in Cera-Hide House Black like the controls.

Bill, I was expecting 2-3 weeks, not 2-3 months. I wasn't dependant on the gun for anything so it didn't really matter, but I wasn't super happy about the extended wait. I am pleased with the results in any case.

xrocket

David .... Congratulations on your fine appearing P6 Sig. I prefer the all black/silver with black grips myself, but those are fine looking wood one's too. Don't be dissuaded by a few perennial negativity Slinger's that never have a nice thing to say about about another's Sigs. You have a very fine shooter there and it should provide for many future years of good range trips.

LanceOregon

Sigs do look much better with wood grips on them. My compact Sig 45 is on the right in this photo:

two_grips_on.jpg

These are both standard grade checkered Cocobolo grips. Herrett on the left on the Walther, and Hogue on the right.

hoytinak

Oh man, those wood grips just look horrible. I know I'd be taking one for the team here but I'd be willing to suck it up and take them off your hands so you don't have to see them ugly things again.

Really though, that looks freakin sweet. I've got a P6 on the way I got for a beater boat gun, but after seeing your's I might have to get it done pretty much the same way and get another for the boat. :D

BTW, where'd you get the night sights? I gotta order a set for mine.