Got my hands on a Shield today

Status
Not open for further replies.

iblong

I"ve read a lot of favorable reviews on the M&P Shield.
I played with one today a my LGS and if I was going to carry a small single stack this would probabally be it.
It has great ergo's and points very well,people with small to medium hands will find they wont have to drop their pinkie under the floor plate even with the short mag.The trigger is better than any factory M&P Ive owned or shot.
It's a bit heavy for my taste but there is little to no pretravel and no noticable
over travel,brakes very clean.The reset is totally different than the standard M&P in that it has a crisp and a possitive reset.The factory sight are very useable and give a good sight picture.I amost took it home but logic over powered my want as I normally carry a larger pistole as a primary and it realistically whould spend a lot of time next to my P380,pm9 and my G 27.
Besides the wife does'nt know about the 3 week old cz yet.It was hard to leave on the shelf though.

wildfan

I am anxious to get my hands on one. I have two on backorder at one of the wholesalers, but no idea when they will come in. I just picked up a M&P 40c for my carry gun, replacing a Walther PPS 9mm. Love the Walther, but like the extra power behind the .40, and the extra mag capacity. Shot it for the first time today (the M&P), and love it. Very accurate, and like the trigger better than the PPS. Still want to get my hands on a Shield though as everyone who has raves about it.

I need to figure out a way to effectively and comfortably conceal my Beretta 92FS Centurion. That is the best gun I've ever shot. But too dang big for CC. Might have to try OC. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.