Got my 850 Titanium CIA back from Taurus

alamo

I posted a couple of weeks ago on my latest purchase - a Taurus Model 850 Titanium CIA.

Noticed a big problem right off the bat, it was so tight that the forcing cone was scraping against the cylinder face and scratching across it when I opened and closed the cylinder. The trigger locked up a number of times as well due to the tightness.

A few suggested lightly filing the forcing cone and I was going to try it until I read the owner's manual which had a strong caution against using anything abrasive on the cylinder face or any other part of the revolver. That can remove the protective layer according to the manual, and greatly reduce the life of the cylinder/revolver. I figured the forcing cone scraping across the cylinder face was pretty abrasive so I shipped it off to Taurus with a note describing the problem.

I got it back yesterday after my vacation. They didn't say what they did to it but I am impressed with the results. It appears the cylinder was replaced and the trigger is fantastic! A target was enclosed with a nice 5 shot grouping to show they test fired it. Written on the target was a note that the trigger pull was tested at 9.25 lbs.

It sure doesn't feel like 9.25 lbs., it is VERY smooth and I'm sure it will be even smoother once I get it to the range and put a few rounds through it. This is my first non-S&W revolver, I've got a Model 60, 66, 65LS (spouse's gun) and 686 and the trigger on the Taurus just about equal to any of the Smiths without having fired a shot and should be just as good after a few hundred rounds.

I decided to get this gun over the S&W 442/642 due to its price ($400) and I was intrigued by the idea of a titanium revolver & wanted to give Taurus a try after reading favorable comments from others. It is .38/.38+P which is fine with me, that is enough for a 16 ounce revolver.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

Glad to hear they fixed it for you! I've been very happy with my 650cia, just like my other Tauri, and have been considering the 850 as well :)