got kel tec pf-9? rate it.

Pappy John

I paid $249 for mine and for it's size, I find it remarkably accurate. It's a light gun so +ps will definitely let you know you're shooting something, but it's not bad at all with normal velocity 9mms. I did add an Uncle Mike's slip-over rubber grip.

Reliability on mine has been only so-so to this point, but I just recieved a new magazine and will be testing more this week. It gives infrequent jams that almost seem impossible when you look at the space they have to occur in. The cartridge destined for the chamber ends up pointing straight up in the ejection port, caught by the slide.

I'd call it a stovepipe jam, if it were the spent case caught like that. It doesn't seem like there is enough space between the bolt face and the chamber mouth to create this situation if you were trying to do it on purpose. Yet, it happens. We'll see if the new mag helps.

It's not happening all that often, but often enough that I'm not 100% comfortable carrying it yet. I'm spoiled by the performance of my two 9mm Glocks that have yet to show me a jam..... ever.

Takedown for cleaning is easy, but the recoil spring is not captured on its guide rod, so you have to watch out for the "sproing" effect when removing it.

1-10? I'd give it an 8. It's got a good beat and I can dance to it. :D

If I can get it to run a 100 rounds on end with no more jams that rating will go to a 9.7 for it's size/weight to power ratio and its accuracy for such a small inexpensive gun.

allenomics

1 - 10 = 5

How much did you pay? - $279.

Hows the recoil and accuracy? - Quite a bit (rocket/cannon), good.

Is it reliable? - No failures to fire yet.

Very long, heavy trigger pull. It fatigues you quickly. I would be surprised if an average person could fire 50 rounds at any one time!

Logs

Paid $239 NIB

www.whittakerguns.com

I like mine and will keep it, but I rate it as a 7 only because the Kahr CW9 I just bought feels better and the trigger is nicer. I rate the Kahr at a 8.5.

For the size, weight and price the PF9 is a good buy. Haven't had a malfunction yet. :)

DSC04863.jpg

drake_gunner

pf-9

paid $280

on a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 2!

I own about 17 handguns and this is by far the worst pistol I have ever owned. I just hope I can trade it in without taking too much of a hit. Accuracy is poor, even for me, and recoil is rough for this little thing.

Hopefully I can trade this piece away and get the Taurus PT111Pro. It's a bit larger but 10 times the gun.

bisley7

Picked up the hard chrome finish this week for $250:D. Today was the first day at the range with it. I have to admit I am impressed with the finish and feel. It feels good in my hand and the sights are quite workable even though it is considered a pocket gun.

First five rounds at 7 yards at a 5.5" inch target from a sandbag all grouped nice and tight at 12 o'clock with point of aim at the bulls eye. Switched to scored silhouette target and most shots stayed within the the 8,9,10 rings and the ones that didn't were my fault getting used to the long trigger pull. I am a single action fan and this trigger pull is long compared to what I am used to. My current carry gun is a Colt Mustang Pocketlite. I shot 100 rounds of 9MM Winchester white box 115 FMJ with no failures at all. I also ran 20 115 grain Winchester Silvertips and 20 124 grain Federal Hydra Schock and it eat and spit em out fine. The recoil was very manageable and getting the sights back for the follow up shot was very quick. I did not clean the gun during the session.

I carried the gun home from the range in the front pocket of my relaxed fit Wrangler jeans with no stares or pointing during my stop at Home Depot. It printed less than I thought it would, although I will be looking for a IWB that I can tuck a shirt over.

Breaking the gun down for cleaning is simple. Three parts barrel, slide and recoil springs...

Another couple of boxes through it and I will retire the Colt Mustang to an honored place in my safe for occasional shooting.:)

Ocraknife

I was thinking of getting a P-3AT but maybe the PF-9 might work too. Anyone own both of those guns? Is there a big size weight difference? I'll be carrying in a front pocket with a pocket holster.

9x19

Here's a pic of mine, bracketed by the P3AT and P32.

I rate my PF9 as an 8. No issues so far.

KTx3.jpg