Got Broke into

comn-cents

My truck anyway. Went to work and my new job says CCW is a no-no even if you have a carry permit. So today like almost every day I slid my KelTec into my pocket and off to work I went. When I got there I remembered that I can't take it in, so I slip it into my center consol. Came back 10 hrs later and my window was broke out. They left a check book, 10 bucks in change, I had in a little tin. A nice Spyderco knife & a benchmade knife. Took the KelTec and a buck or so in change I had in the drink holder. O ya they missed the fanny pack with my security six in it with a Coldsteel knife, a surefire light and a pepper spray attached that was stuffed under my seat.(won’t leave it there again) What makes me mad more than anything is that my gun is in the hands of some scum bag. I never leave anything sitting out except my $5 sunglasses that I always leave sitting out. Ya just never know.

doh_312

Makes ya wonder if that scuzzbucket was watching you in the parking lot. You shifting something around and storing something before exiting you vehicle gives him a reason to go after it.

I hope you get your stuff back, at the very least I hope the guy gets thrown in a cage.

Evan Thomas

This likely wasn't random, especially since the thief left other stuff. He may well have seen you put the gun in the console, especially if you got out of the car before remembering the gun; even if he didn't see what it was, you gave him a reason to think there was something good in there.

I lost a camera that way several years ago. :mad: I was parked up the street from a car wash where some unsavory types hung out. I don't do that any more -- I'll get in and move the car first.

comn-cents

I have a 4x4 Frontier (pretty high) with smoked windows, really hard to see in and I was parked in a parking garage with a pretty steep incline. It makes it hard to see what is happening inside. But many of the same thoughts went through my mind too. I tried to figure out why they hit me. Just can't figure it.:rolleyes: Very glad they didn't get the Ruger.

espnazi

A good way to defend yourself against this is to get a $30 gun safe the kind that you secure to the frame of the seat.

comn-cents

It's not as if I leave them in my truck often. That was the 2nd or 3rd time I've done this. If I know I'm going to a place where I can't carry I leave them at home.

edward5759

oops

Several people I know had an eye bolt in their truck with the threads and bolts under the truck.
The eye bolt was double nutted and the threads destroyed so it could not be removed. "Make scence".
Then they will pad lock the wheel gun strap to the eye bolt. If you have an auto loader, lock the slide back and use a long bicycle lock.
It will stop the kids from taking it, However it will not stop someone who really wants it
ed