Got Bolt Knobs?

Duzell

i was trying to find an nice machined bolt knob

by which i mean its not just the traditional round extended knob , or the basic checkering ring on the knob.

overall id probably like a custom one done , but unsure how to go about it. a custom engraved one would make it more personalized

Rock solid has a nice set of them , but they are not out yet ....

tahunua001

have you looked at badger ordnance? they are the only ones I know of off the top of my head, but there are lots of them out there.

zoomie

There are literally thousands of bolt knobs out there. Badger, PTG, SAC, Surgeon, Brownells. Lots more on eBay, many by hobbyist machinists. Contact one and see if they can make you a one-off.

http://bit.ly/WiIYPs

Duzell

did that, most look very ...stock

and the "custom" ones i find are so similar to ones i could get on midway or brownells its not funny

tobnpr

Engraved one would be hard to come by. I could turn a custom one, but it's far cheaper to just buy Surgeon/Brownells for me. Do you already have a bolt handle w/ 5/16" x 24t?

Duzell

no not currently, i was sending my bolt to a smith in the area, for threading.

i just wanted a unique bolt knob

i was looking at rock solids, but they have not released them yet

Gunplummer

Threading? I had a takedown bolt on a Japanese Arisaka that screwed off. What kind of rifle are you working on?

Take a NRA Summer Gunsmithing machine shop class and make your own. The take TIG welding and weld it on. ;) About 1/3 of my classmates made their own and welded it. The rest of us (myself included) reforged the existing handle.

Mosin-Marauder

TIG Welding is one of the easiest forms. It's stick welding that can b e rather difficult. I didn't have to take a class to learn how to.

hooligan1

Try Stockade, and Badger Ordinance....I have an oversized bolt knob on my Savage 110, .270 win., thats pretty decent but I believe its Savage....not positive....got it from midway.

F. Guffey

I was modifying a few tools, I needed something on a long stick? that would allow me to hook and pull. I have a set of fire place tools, 4 pieces plus the stand. All of the tool heads and stand have duck head castings.

For different I could mount the duck heads on the cocking piece, drilling and tapping would not be necessary on 90% my bolts. On those 90% I have never found it necessary to use the pull knob. I could make one to fit all, that would allow for setting the safety when taking the bolt apart or when deterring the amount of fitting when adjusting the safety.

Then there would be 'the duck bill up' right or left.

F. Guffey