Got another S&W M65

18DAI

I went by the local shop yesterday. He still had a 98% M65-2 4" barrel P&R'd. The revolver was unusual, in that it had a red insert dovetailed into the front fixed ramp. He got the revolver August 2nd, and had it at $350. Well yesterday when I walked in he put it on the counter, and said $275 with an extra set of Uncle Mike's rubber grips. I'll let you know how it shoots. Four revolvers, in two months probably qualifies me as a gun nut. Regards 18DAI.

Trebla

18DAI: Gun nuts are cool!!:D You are sure getting some good buys lately, so why would you turn them down. Enjoy

Jim PHL

A 4" M65 is a favorite of mine, too. (With a slight preference for my 3" as an overall favorite.) As far as I'm concerned, the adjustable sight 66 is only preferable if you are actually going to take the time and expense to dial up your best settings for each particular load that you might shoot. For just about every other purpose, the fixed sites of the 65 are better. They can be shot just as accurately with many(most?) loads, are less likely to snag when drawn or tear clothing when carried concealed and are more durable. I like the ejector rod shroud of the 66 rather than the exposed rod on the 65, but other than that, prefer the 65.