Got another Model 10

marano

I bought a model 10-5 snub a couple of weeks ago and I love it. I was on a football site I frequent a couple of weeks ago and a retired NYPD officer offered to sell me his old model 10-8 duty weapon for $75 bucks. I jumped on that. He said he carried it for 10 years when he first went to work with NYPD until they transitioned to the Glock. Unfortunately the dealer he took it to for transfer was a shmuck and he charged him approximately $125 to transfer and ship it to my FFL. He would only ship UPS overnight and he decided he would make a chunk on the transfer. He offered the guy I was buying it from $200 for the gun when he was trying to get him to transfer the gun and the guy told him he had already sold it to me and that he just wanted it to go to another law enforcement officer, so I guess the shmuck decided to make his money the old fashioned way, just steal it. Anyway by the time I got it transferred and paid my dealer $25 bucks for the transfer down here I had $225 in the gun. I bought a pair of Smith wood grips for it for another $25 so I still think I got a pretty good deal on the gun. I cleaned it up and aside from a small amount of holster wear in the usual spots it's in good shape. Shoots good too.

Model10-83.jpg

Model10-8.jpg

testfire.jpg

MLeake

UPS overnight

I've had several FFL's and UPS representatives tell me that handguns are required by federal law to be overnight shipped. The FFL didn't gouge you on the shipping price. However, at least in northern GA, standard transfer fees are $25 to $30. $125 for shipping and transfer fee seems about twice what should have been paid.

Last edited:

tech4061

Very nice. I picked up a 10-5 pencil barrel a few months ago for $250 OTD., which is unusually cheap for my area. My dealer got a bunch of security company trade-ins.

Everybody should have at least one S&W K frame revolver.

congratulations!