Got a used Anschutz super-match 1817

Venom1956

Got a used Anschutz super-match 1813

I got a chance to pick up an Anschutz for five hundred? I paid close to 400 for my last CZ 452 I hope I did pretty good.

Not sure the model I forgot to check it was a single shot 22 rifle I think I might be 1907 but in an older style bench stock with and adjustable comb height.

Unfortunately they removed the irons. I had like two minutes to decide another guy was interested so I snatched it up I've always wanted a Anschutz so I'm pretty pumped.

What u guys think? :confused:

Last edited:

Venom1956

Got more info it's a Anschutz super-match 1813 single shot.

I am really excited they have always been hey that's a beast of a target 22 but I don't compete or anything so I never really looked into them. Price seemed like a great deal but I've been wrong before.

Any info, tips or tricks from other owners would be appreciated. There are so many differences model to model year to year I haven't found anything on this model that looks quite like mine different stocks and setups.

Last edited:

DaleA

If it's got the 54 action you got a great deal. Even if it doesn't have the 54 action I still think you got a great deal.

I remember getting a chance to shoot one every once in a while at a shooting club I belonged to when I was very young. Heavy and a *lot* of adjustments on the butt stock. Also had a really neat palm rest for shooting offhand.

Pictures of your latest find would be neat.

I remember the debates (like Ford vs Chevy) on which was better, the Anschutz 54 action or the Winchester 52. Seems like Winchester was the King of Camp Perry and the Anschutz ruled at the Olympics.

Good luck.

Slamfire

Sure that is not an 1813?

No picture and I have not found an image of a 1817.

Anyway, I would kill to buy a Anschutz M1813 for $500.00. Maybe someone did, because that is a killer price.

I paid $1500 for this older 1413, and I thought I was getting a good deal!

nDcGfXE.jpg

You find the right ammunition, that is firstly match ammunition, and then lot selected, and these Anschutz rifles are very accurate.

O9FFlPU.jpg

Last edited:

DaleA

Congratulations. I am extremely envious.

You mentioned the original Anschutz iron sights were NOT included. What about the butt hook and the palm rest?

Also, which trigger does it have?

There were two I was familiar with, (and probably several others that I know nothing about) the 'regular' trigger which could be adjusted down to be very, very light and the double set trigger, it had two triggers, one forward and one backward. The 'set' trigger, you pushed forward on the reverse curved front one and then fired the gun by pulling back on the normally curved trigger. (Please feel free to use 'squeeze' or 'press' or whatever word suits your fancy)

With the set trigger I believe you could set the trigger weight to below one ounce. I shot one where the owner had it set down to about two ounces (with the set applied first).

Most of my shooting was done where we had to have the trigger weight three pounds or greater.

Once again, congratulations on your find and I hope you come back and tell us how it shoots.

P.S. The almost standard setup for target shooters back in the day was a 20x Unertl scope...to shoot bullseyes 50 feet away.

Reloadron

What u guys think?

I think you should be happy, very, very happy. I also think you should get it out to the range with some high quality ammunition and shoot it. While I am not saying anything less than Eley 10X is unsuitable I would try several different flavors of good ammunition.

Enjoy your new rifle and I hope it brings you many enjoyable hours shooting it.

Ron

Venom1956

I'll be picking it up tomorrow I'll post pictures it doesnt have the same stock pictured in Slams post. its much more plain it still has the aluminum channel in the fore end but more of an open pistol grip area and just an adjustable cheek riser afaik.

DaleA

Nice. Hope it shoots well. I expect it will, it's not easy to shoot out a .22LR barrel.

And don't be too concerned about the barrel being dirty. Our club would shoot a couple hundred bullets a week out of the club target rifles and they'd usually get cleaned only at the end of the year.

RedHoundTargets

I used a 1413 back in high school 4P competition. It was a range gun but I had fairly exclusive use of that particular one. Has enough adjustments to get everything to sit perfectly for me but not so many as to make it ridiculous. Love that iris front sight, too. You’re going to make me want to get back into it if you don’t watch out.
I think you gotta pretty good deal on yours. Looks like you’ve still got the sling swivel mount so that’s good.