Got a New Revolver

flashman70

Went to the gunshow here Friday afternoon and bought a S&W 686-6 4"bbl to have as a nightstand gun. It's a pretty one. I took it to our local indoor range Saturday and put a few rounds through it. Started with .38s and the recoil felt like my Ruger 22/45. So I then put some .357s in it (UMC JHPs). That is a pretty stout round! I'd never shot .357 before and it is loud and does recoil a bit - although I got all 21 rounds in a 5" bullseye from 10 yds (good for me.) My wife was behind me and said she could feel the pressure on her face when I fired. Folks on each side of me were firing .22s and when I opened up with the.357 they looked over to see what I was firing.

It will take some getting used to, but I am pleased with the gun and now understand why folks love wheel guns.

2ndamd

Congratulations on the new gun.

I always liked the feel of the pressure of the round leaving the chamber smacking you in the face. Let's you know that you just touched off something special. :)

NB4ZOT

I have the 686P 6". Great gun.

I just bought a 460xvr yesterday after work. It made me happy too. I rubbed on it alot last night. :eek:

Shaun

I just bought a 460xvr yesterday after work. It made me happy too. I rubbed on it alot last night.

...and people at my job think im strange for looking at gun websites

Ichiro

My Ruger GP-100 seems bulky, heavy, and kinda ugly.

Then I fire off some 125-grain magnums, and it seems like one of the nicest guns ever created. :cool:

~Ichiro

NGP58

You got an excellent gun! A 686 is a solid gun...And at the range it DEFFINATELY draws attention..:D ....Norm.

skeeter1

The first time I fired a .357 Magnum, I was amazed how the muzzle-blast would blow my hair back. That's great fun. Congrats on your 686. That's an excellent handgun!