Got a new girlfriend......

cslinger

Ok after much research and deliberation I finally came to a conclusion on the revo that fits me the best for a roll of an anytime gun.

I didn't go titanium or scandium simply because I like to practice without undue pain and suffering. I wanted a .357 but didn't want either a huge or too heavy beast. It had to fit my hands well and it had to be light enough to put in a jacket or cargo pocket.

Drum roll please........I ended up with a LadySmith Model 60. Testosterone levels holding steady.........must fight urge to knit sweater.

In all honesty it is a comfortable, relatively lightweight, good looking, 5 shot .357. The trigger is good and the fit and finish are top notch. I like the wood grips because they don't snag like the rubber ones.

Ok anyway I guess as my previous post has said I have now come out of the closet. I own a Ladysmith and if anybody has a problem with it I will scratch your eyes out.

I am going to go have a good cry now.:)

Hemicuda

I'll join you in that cry, as I just found a LadySmith that I need to have... a blued Mod. 60... in .357 also... (pre-agreement)

who cares what they call it... it's one HELLUVA carrypiece... and I'm glad to have one!

cslinger

Here are the pictures

In all honesty I was really hoping that it wouldn't come in a pink box.

Attachments

• guns 011 small.jpg
    guns 011 small.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 387

SA Scott

I bought a 60-5 used, and one of the pawn shop commandos asked me if it was for my wife. :rolleyes: Fortunately, I'm secure enough in my masculinity to carry a Model 60 while my wife's primary is the beefier SP101. ;)

SA Scott

Blue Duck357

I wouldn't worry about it, didn't relatively macho men used to name thier shotguns "Bessie".

Maybe Smith&Wesson could come out with a line of three inch model 29's and call them the "Rosie" to denote them being short, fat and loud. ;)

cslinger

I love it Rosie....

I think you just named my Ladysmith. Short, Fat and Loud.

My future wife's primary is an SP101 also. Awesome gun, I love it but wanted something just a tiny bit smaller and lighter.

Mal H

Staff
I had a hunch that was going to be the gist of your thread, cslinger. Nothing wrong with carrying a LS. Lot's of folks do, with or without a Y chromosome. If it fits well, you gotta ask, "what's in a name?"

If anyone asks, tell them it's called a "Bady Smith". The 'L' is formed so that at a quick glance it looks like a 'B'. :)

Desert Pete

I have no problem with your choice of weapons. But I do wonder about the phrase "secure in my masculinity". That phrase must have come from watching too much Oprah or reading too many women's magazines.

Eric Larsen

I found a good deal on an LS60...very nice. Great for pocket carry or IWB. It was nice to shoot with full house loads too. I had 3 357 snubbies...LS, CIA and SP. The SP kicked the CIA outa the house....so I had 2. I got an offer on the Lady from another TFL member and had to let her go. (He claims it was for his wife....uh huh, sure) ;) .....anyway. Now its just me and my SP....but the Lady is missed alittle. And whats wrong with watching Lifetime....the have great movies! :rolleyes:
Shoot well

Attachments

• p5160004.jpg
    p5160004.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 121

Bods Oddkin

The "Ladysmith" name was onced used about a hundred years ago for one of the sweetest little .22's you'd hope to find. I wonder -- did men get self-conscious about owning them back then? I buy all the old Ladysmith .22's I can find now, and am currently considering a blue version of the modern namesake. Hasn't affected me at all, other than a little bit of irritabililty every 28 days or so...

kahr Carrier

I like the Ladysmith line .They seem to have put some thought into them. They seem to have made a lot of the sharp edges more rounder.:)

chaim

I have a S&W 65LS (K-frame, 3", .357) that I absolutely love. Great gun all around. The LS guns have lighter springs that cause the gun to have a better trigger and a nicer action and the matte stainless finish and those rosewood grips make these among the best looking revolvers on Earth.

I would love to add a 60LS to go along with its big sister. I especially want an older one that is chambered for .38spl instead of .357mag (I saw one recently for a good price but didn't have the cash at the time).

h_tolley

In my opinion it is the perfect size and caliber for a carry revolver. S&W does offer the Lady Smith without the name 'Lady Smith' Engraved on it, if you'd rather have it that way.

cslinger

Thanks for all the positive feedback

Well, I go shoot her for the first time tonight, I will let you know how she does.

So far I am very happy with the look, the feel, the fit and finish and definitely the price. I got this one for a very good price. On sale plus some more off of that.

As funny as this seems I kind of like the Lady Smith logo because it makes for an interesting conversation piece. Besides how many guys can say they have a wife and girlfriend without their wife killing them. :D