got a new Firestorm/Bersa mini 9mm SS today:)

FlyinGN

got a new Firestorm/Bersa mini 9mm SS today:) PICS

Its a beauty.. Really built well and finished nicely.. It gonna be my CCW gun.. Nice and compact.. Can't wait to shoot it..

What do you guys think??

Frank

IMGP2818.jpg

IMGP2816.jpg

IMGP2815.jpg

Last edited:

unclestu

Looks sharp- Congrats! How many rounds do those hold? And if you don't mind, what's the approximate price?

FlyinGN

thanks! The factory mag is 10 rounds, Bersa is soon coming out with a 13 rounder.. OR I can use a full size versions 17 round mag but it sticks out 1/2" :)

I paid $275. :D

Frank

Garand Illusion

Interesting ... it actually has one tiny difference with the Bersa; the bersa doesn't have that rounded trigger guard.

bersa_thunder9_SS_large.gif

My Bersa 9mm ultra compact has done great for me. Accurate and dependable.

I am also anxiously awaiting the 13 round mags.

FlyinGN

Grand Illusion.. The grips are slightly different also.. Its weird tho. On one side of the slide it actually.. There is a Bersa name.. One the other side is the Firestorm word.

30-40Krag dude

where did you purchase it from ? i would like to pick up a bersa myself, but i cant find the hi-cap anywhere. the only place that carries anything bersa is gander mtn. and they are a bit high priced.

Garand Illusion

flyinGN -- I got my Bersa NIB in the last year, and it does have the finger grooves.

Didn't catch that when I looked at the pictures. But you're right.

If I had my choice, I'd take the rounded trigger guard and the smooth grip. DANG! I've got neither of those on mine! :eek:

Trainman

Best Kept Secret

My Bersa UC 9mm is a sweet handgun. I have put between 500-700 rounds through it and NEVER had a hiccup with it - not once. GF got one too and she loves it.
I shoot mainly WWB for the range and carry Federal Hydra Shocks for SD.
I am looking (wishing) now to get the .45 version too.
The Bersa Ultra Compact line is the best kept secret around for reliability, accuracy, and especially price.

gak

I posted a quick tally on someone else's thread "Guns You Hate" and noted that there were no (zero) Bersa votes!

zappadragon

Well I am glad to hear all the good news. I am in the market for a 9mm but I don't have a huge budget for one. I was going to get a new SW9VE and then I saw that new Beretta Storm Px4 but I am sure that is out of my range. I love my 380 I have and had no problems with it. I have yet to see the mini9mm in person but from the look I would have to say I like it. We I am going to wait till the next gun show in Aug and then choose one. Thanks for all the input guys.

Anyone bought the fullsize Thunder 9? I already have a Walther P88, but think it would be cool to have the Bersa as well. Plus, 17+1 would be nice.

Davy Jones

FLYin Gn, very nice gun

Great choice. I was in the market for a 9mm for a ccw, so I recently purchaced an XD-9 sub compact. I love it, but I wish it was a tad bit slimmer. Your bersa seem like it will carry very comfortably though. Congradulations..

FlyinGN

Range Report

Just got back from the range with my new firestorm tonight.. 150 flawless rounds.. accuracy was very good.. not as good as my full sized Beretta 92 but darn fine for such a short barrel. By the second box at 33' I was shooting like this.. Very happy with my Firestorm

Frank
305033.JPG