Got a Ljungman Today

Chipperman

Well I was at the LGS today and accidentally bought a Ljungman AG-42B. $999 with a bayonet. I certainly couldn't turn that down.
I guess I got one of the few that never had a stock disk. It is also missing or never had the buffer/deflector, although the mounts for it are present. I got some Winchester 140gr "Power Point" ammo because thats what they had available. I've read conflicting info about whether that would be safe to fire or not.
So here are my questions:
1. Anyone know where I could get a brass buffer/deflector? All the places I could fine online are out of stock.
2. Is that Winchester ammo safe to fire in it? If not, could I remove some of the powder to soften the load? I figure I'll eventually need to reload for it, but I don't have dies yet, as this is my first 6.5 x55 gun.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0382 (1).jpeg
    IMG_0382 (1).jpeg
    915 KB · Views: 61

tangolima

Nice. I have a hakim; similar rifle in 8mm Mauser. It is direct impingement with adjustable gas valve (at least mine is), so commercial ammunition should be fine. To protect the empty brass, I wrap a section of heavy surgical tubing on the metal deflector / charge handle.

It is quirky design. Make sure you know how to work the action to avoid screaming with badly hurt extremities.

The hakim has muzzle brake. It is annoying loud. I still wonder how the egyptians could go to battle with this weapon. Half of the platoon would go deaf after a fire fight.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tangolima

I see. There is no op rod to bend at least. Over gasing could be the immediate problem. Well start handloading then.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk