Got a date with this one

Pahoo

Looks like it's started !!

WOW,
That Tom is strutting already !!! Great picture !! ... ;)

Be Safe !!!

bswiv

Brother in law was at the lease yesterday and could not resist the urge to hit the call a few times ( Season opens Saturday ).....said that one hen just about killed herself trying to get to him.

Could be a wild opening here in NE FL.

bamaranger

slow

AL seems slow. Birds are strutting and gobbling, but still heavily flocked up.

First bird I saw strutting on a ROW, next to a county road, and I was concerned somebody would plink him with their varmint rig before season. I stepped into the open at about 200 yds, he flushed wildly, no checking up.

bamaranger

check that

Heard 4 this morniing that were accessable on public land, and many others in the distance that I could not place.

Its like you threw a switch....best morning of gobbling I've had all this spring (season not in yet in my zone).

Hope to listen close to the house this AM before church.

markj

I have seen a lot more this year than ever. Flocks come right up to the house eating the cat food off the deck in one instance. Got the camera, dogs barked they took off. When they lift into flight the noise is incredible. Cant wait, Apr is the month. I will get several tags then go try them. Lots of land to hunt here, just got another farm I can hunt too.

Go out, ask the farmer if he needs any help, take him some sturdy work gloves, any good flashlight etc. They will let you hunt mostly.

YARDDOG(1)

Seen Plenty on lease this year deer hunting, a couple Nice Toms ;) will try some decoys & call em up this weekend.

I Don't shoot em, But I'll video em, I got some good pics on my phone, Though I don't know how to post pics :eek: Mabey get my daughter to help ; )
Y/D