got a cz-82,what about the polish p-64 ?

seaville

I just got a cz-82, what a great pistol, good da/sa trigger, fit well and accurate. :D It's a lot smoother than a Russian Makarov I gave to my son. I put a box or so of ammo through it, and have two buddies that want to get one.
While I was looking at the cz or vz I also looked at the polish p-64. While I can tell the trigger is not as good as the cz's, I am still intrested.
I just read a post that from a member that put the p-64 on his worst 10 list. In my research that is the only negative that I have found.
I like to hear your reviews if you have experience with this pistol:confused:

thanks, seaville

Chesster

I just read a post that from a member that put the p-64 on his worst 10 list.

"That would...that would be me" --Bob Newhart

Tried two and like neither. I prefer the PA63 from Hungary myself. Mags are easier to find and with a new spring or two from Wolff, Great little shooter.

Hirlau

I have both, Cz-82 and the Polish P-64. Love them both.
The trigger pull on the Polish is an animal as you know. Neither of them have so much as coughed at the range. The Polish is more concealable. The CZ more rounds. If I were to choose here in Miami, the CZ for firepower, a little faster reload on the magazine.

Polish1.jpg

CZ82.jpg

Doyle

P-64 is my carry gun. It is dead nuts accurate, reliable, and small enough to fit in my pocket. You absolutely must change out the factory hammer spring though in order to fire it DA. SA is fine with the factory hammer. Spring only costs about $5 and is easy to change. Swapping the recoil spring with one a tad heavier also helps tame the recoil snap.

If the guy that put his on the 10-worst list wants to send me his P-64, I'll gladly take it off his hands.

If you do decide to get a P-64, there is an entire forum dedicated soley to it.

torpeau

You absolutely must change out the factory hammer spring though in order to fire it DA.

Some of us who never fire it DA, just leave the hammer spring alone and think of it as a safety. I never use the actual safety.

The P-64 is small, reliable, sturdy and all steel.

ZeSpectre

Wow, the weirdest thing.
The minute I saw the photo of the CZ I could "smell" the wolf ammo I run through mine.

How strange is that?

amd6547

I also use the P64 as a CCW. It is tiny and thin, and incredibly accurate. Utterly reliable. Disappears under a T-shirt. Spare mags have been no problem to find. I have been fine with the springs and DA pull as issued, but may swap them out just for fun. All steel, well made, and similar to a PPK in a slightly more powerful round.
Bargain priced when I bought mine, I think I paid $130.
Whats not to like?

Philo_Beddoe

Multiply registered, multiply banned troll.
I have owned both a cz-82 and a p64.

You have to switch out the hammer spring on the p64 or its basically a single action pistol.

Recoil on the p64 is fierce.

The cz82 is a better gun in every way except for concealed carry.

Honestly the only reason I would want a p64 is for concealed carry, as its not at all comfortable to shoot alot of rounds with.

woad_yurt

The P-64 is a good little gun once you install a lighter hammer spring and a heavier recoil spring. It still kicks a bit but it's manageable. It's a good, dependable carry gun. I have one and it's been jamless for me. Definitely not a range gun but it would be a great carry piece.

AA080

+1 on the P-64. Great little gun and conceals well, also pretty accurate!

You can say "Tried two and liked neither" about any gun. However for under $200 you can't go wrong with these little gems.

Chesster

As I said elsewhere, No P64 Pole for me. Give me the RK59, R61, SMC918 Hungarians. Harder to find, more expensive a bit, but better guns and lighter to carry than the P64.

FegR61.jpg