gorgeous 10/22

hotcha45

Wasn't aware that Ruger made 10/22s with figured walnut stocks, but lucked into this one by walking into my favorite gun store just as they put this one on the rack. I really did not need another 10/22 but had to have this one. Assuming they work (I've not tried adding a pic to a post before) these indoor flash pics do not do this wood justice. Unfortunately it is steadily sleeting here today on top of the 6" of snow we got since yesterday.

Attachments

• 10-22 buttstock2.JPG
    10-22 buttstock2.JPG
    229.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 10-22 forestock2.JPG
    10-22 forestock2.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 193

Pahoo

More than once, I have heard or seen this, never in my favor. Once in awhile a stock factory rifle, from Ruger, will come out like this. Those that are lucky enough to find one, are always suprised and pleased. Once saw a Marlin 39A that had and beautiful forend and the buttstock was just so, so. Keep in mind that you can always swap it out on one of your older models. Surprisingly nice find on a new model 1022. ... :)

Be Safe !!!

Pahoo

whats up with the primer grey finish of the gun?
Not to High-Jack hotcha45 post but that is what I was refering to when I mentioned Ruger's newer 1022 models. Unlike the older ones, what you are seeing is the new powder coating/paint, that they are applying. You will also find that the trigger housing is made of sytheitc/plastic. If you have an older silver colored model, you are seeihg the difference. That why I prefer the older ones and stated that it would look better in this stock. The barrel is still SS but with a dull finish.

Be Safe !!!

hotcha45

Yeah, as I understand it these days the receiver is powder-coated aluminum done to blend with the stainless barrel (sigh) hence the gray look. Now if they would only put a decent trigger on the 10/22s.

TXGunNut

I have one of these in blue steel myself, came to a local gun shop from a friend's estate. I snatched it off the rack as soon as I saw it. I don't care for the carbine stock so this sporter was a welcome variation. To be honest, though, I probably bought it for the wood. A bit of sanding and several coats of Tru-Oil really made this one a keeper.

cornbush

I have an older 10/22 Deluxe, It does not have the figure of that one, but still a nice piece of walnut.
The deluxe models all had checkered walnut.