Gore announces running mate

Stephen Ewing

Presidential Candidate Al Gore announced today that his VP candidate will be a gentleman known only as "Geppeto." Apparently, what Geppeto brings to the ticket is that if Gore wins the election, Geppeto will "make him into a real boy."

Geppeto's acceptance speech makes frequent comparisons of both Al Gore and lame-duck President Clinton to a famous friend of his named Pinocchio, "Al is more wooden, and the other guy lies more than two Pinocchios. As for the nose thing, we just won't even go there, but Monica can tell some stories."

Steve

Tecolote

Very clever, very clever.

------------------
"Get yourself a Lorcin and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol."

fed168

Just saw on the news tonight that a potential running mate maybe from NC, a pretty new to the system senator.

Ed Brunner

MAYBE Al will get desperate and pick Hillary???

------------------
You have to be there when it's all over. Otherwise you can't say "I told you so."

Better days to be,

Ed

Dangus

Gore is going to have a hell of a time surrounding himself with people of the calibur that Bush has. Gore has spent the last few years in office with Klinton, and most of his political allies have too many skeletons in their closets (some probably quite literally).

------------------
I twist the facts until they tell the truth. -Some intellectual sadist

The Bill of Rights is a document of brilliance, a document of wisdom, and it is the ultimate law, spoken or not, for the very concept of a society that holds liberty above the desire for ever greater power. -Me