goofy market, huh?

dreamweaver

i buy a lot of guns. about $12-15,000 a years worth. ( i have no other vices)
this year i'm finding guns at such low prices, i'm having trouble staying within budget.
i just passed on a first series woodsman at $750 that would have sold for $1000 last year. a nib 3rd gen saa for $1000 shipped?!? yeah, i bought that one.
pre-ban 9mm colt AR's for $1250? i turned down offers of $1650 last october.
i just bought 2 2nd gen SAA's (1957 dom) for $1000 less than blue book, which is always conservative on colts prices.
anyone else seeing great bargains out there?
what have you bought recently and how much under "book" did you pay?

olcrazyed

At the beginning of the year, I bought an Old Model Ruger Super Blackhawk (3-screw) 7 1/2" in .44 Mag at Scheel's for $250.

The day after I brought it home, one of the members of another forum I frequent posted about the great deal he got on the identical gun (the serial numbers were about 60 apart)--he paid $350.

Guess I did OK.

ed

EdInk

Bought a NIB Sig556 Classic folding stock with Red Dot and Rotary Sight for $1100.00, it is a great price and great rifle.

Also, NIB S&W Airweight J-frames can be had for $399.00 if you know where to shop. Add the $50 rebate and you're talking $350 for a NIB 442/637/638!!

I think alot of prices have and will continue to come down, as the firearm panic calms down. IMHO there will be alot of LNIB or barely shot AR-15s on the market in the next couple years from all the "not really gun guys" that paid a fortune for them during the 08 election crisis.

Skans

Prices have come down on certain items. Most NFA items have dropped by about 20%. AR15's, and other .223-based rifles, have dropped way down because of a huge glut.

On the other hand, many guns are still holding their values. Still, most everything I've seen is either holding their value or decreasing somewhat - nothing I've seen has really increased in value.

I still think that the gun market is in a bubble and there should be more moves to the downside. No big gun bans on the horrizon; lots of stuff being manufactured in US to avoid import ban problems.

I dont know about high-dollar shotguns and high-quality antique firearms - would like to hear from someone more knowledgable than I on what has been happening with values in those markets.

Jbar4Ranch

Yes indeed, it has been a good year or so for buying guns, especially used guns. Folks are hurting and need to pay the bills. (Ya had enough of that "hope and change" yet?) My best buy was a decent Winchester 1894 .30-30 for $100. He only wanted $80, but I had two 50's and he didn't have change, making it a good day for both of us, I guess.