Good silencers

TNT

Who makes some good silencers? I may be in the market for one later on preferably on S&W or Ruger P89 and later or XD 45acp

VUPDblue

Gemtech are good, and priced fairly. Advanced Armament makes some good cans too, but a little higher price. SWR makes great 9mm cans and reasonably priced too. For the .45 I would look at the Bowers Atas 45 or the Gemtech Blackside 45. The Atas will run up around $800 and the Blackside will run $549. I just bought a Phantom9 from AAC and it is pretty quiet. I also have a Gemtech Outback .22 and it is a whisper to shoot.

shaggy

Silencertests.com can be helpful in making a decision, but understand they are biased towards AAC products. And while the charts are helpful, the dB reduction number does not always tell the full story of whether a particular suppressor sounds more quiet to the human ear than another. And finally, there are other factors that should be considered in making a decision on a can that aren't based upon testing or numbers such as a company's reputation for customer service. Don't get me wrong Silencertests is a helpful site and I've owned AAC cans, but places like the NFA discussion boards at AR15.com and Subguns.com can also be very helpful in making a decision also.

raymond-

you've missed my point. silencertests is a good option, ergo "watering hole" for
other folks who have experience using and handling silencers. i roll my eyes at
the blatant AAC rah rah. i think you may have read more than I intended. nearly
any chart regarding silencers can be accused of being slanted....without taking
individual platforms and environment into consideration. notwithstanding all that,
it is still a great source of information: the members who participate.