Good red dot for a Ruger MKIII?

tjhands

Hey gang. :)

I'm looking for a quality red dot scope for my Ruger MKIII. This will be used in low light conditions at 25 yards or closer (dispatching coons and 'possums). I have $80 to spend. What do you suggest?

Thank you! :D

DrLaw

Millet

Save a little more and get a Millet. Had one now for about 5 or so years and not a peep of trouble out of it.

The Doc is out now. :cool:

s4s4u

MidwayUSA has the various Millet dots on sale this month. FWIW, I have one and it is not the best for low light situations, but then none are IMO. For low light, and vermin, you'd be better served with a good quality scope in 4x, $80 might not get 'er done tho.

Ralph Allen

I have a Burris Speed Dot with the 3MOA dot. Great sight with very good low light viewing and a variable brightness dot. About 3x your $80.00 though.
Ralph

chris in va

I bought a Millett last year for my Kadet.

Right away I knew something was wrong as there was a double image. My el cheapo dot on my HiPoint carbine didn't have this feature. Called Millett, they had me send it back...to CA from VA...and sent me another one. Seems I'm not the only one with that issue, they said there were some sent out with the glass slightly off kilter.

The new one is better, not perfect.

I'd just get an UltraDot or something.