Good price on a lightly used gp100?

XD45Sooner

I have the opportunity to buy a lightly used, stainless 4" barrel ruger gp 100 for $360 bucks? Is that a good price? New they are $500 plus around here.

Don P

I paid that 2 years ago for one:D. Good deal and price. Also depends where you live as far as prices go.:eek:

XD45Sooner

I think I will go ahead and get it. It is in about 95% condition. Its not a steal but its a good deal on a revolver I have had my eyes on for years.

Thanks.

Don P

Did you have it refinished don?

No I did it myself. I filed both sides of the barrel to get rid of all the writing, the sanded a bit, then bead blasted the frame. I polished the cylinder, hammer, trigger, and cylinder release. The grip inserts are from a member over on the Ruger forum. Heres the link to the forum, www.rugerforum.com

Melissa5

Thanks, Don. I was about to compliment you on those grip inserts. What kind of wood is that?

xd45sooner, I don't think you'll regret getting a GP100. It's the first gun I bought and still my favorite one to shoot.

Webleymkv

That's a fair price for one. I paid $300 for my dad's 3" blued one back in July and felt that I got a pretty good deal (and Dad had a very happy birthday).

XD45Sooner

I bought it, its a really cool gun. I havent shot it yet but I have already fallen in love with it. I as proud to show it off as I am my coveted Smith 1911 Thanks for all of the help!

Don P

Thanks, Don. I was about to compliment you on those grip inserts. What kind of wood is that?

The inserts are Birdseye Maple.
The member from the ruger forum that makes them is 41Magnum. I'll pm you his email address