Good price for a stainless NIB Kel-tec p11

RCS

A local place here has a almost NIB kel-tec
p11 Stainless on consignment for $195. It was owned by a service man who was transfered to england. The dealer said that it was "almost unfired" and this was indeed how it looked. I'm just curious, is is this a decent price to pay? Thanks.

Actually I just looked at kel-tec's sight and saw that they don't have a stainless, rather it is hard-chromed.

[This message has been edited by RCS (edited June 21, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by RCS (edited June 22, 2000).]

Noban

That's a good price, even if slightly used - hell, even if fully broken in! The new black ones here is southern Kali are going for $260.

Snap it up!

RCS

So does anybody else have a comment? It comes with a stainless mag as well, something that I hadn't seen before. I'm assuming this is the hard chrome model, as I can't find any pictures to confirm my belief. Thanks for any info.

Big Al

Yeah, that's a pretty sweet deal. My buddy paid 235$ for a blued model - so add 10$ for parkerizing and 20$ for chrome, and he would have ended up paying over 250$ for a hard chrome version. If I were you, I'd grab it up. Once you get used to the trigger it's one heck of a good gun - the trigger is like a double action revolver in that it's really long and heavier than, say, a Glock trigger. I did a trigger job on my buddy's P11 and now that he's had that done and broken it in a bit with about 250 rounds, he's not complaining at all. In fact, out to about 15 yards with slow, deliberate fire he cang keep up with me and my Glock 19. They're good guns. If I could find a deal like that here, I'd already have it.

------------------
Glock 19
S&W 629 Classic
KelTec P32

"Oh yeah? Well I talk LOOOUDLY! And I carry a BIIIGGER stick! And I'll use it, too." -Yoesemite Sam

9x19

Kel-Tecs did indeed come with stainless slides for a time, I have two. They switched to hard chrome later.

The stainless ones are a dull gray while the hard chrome is brighter, about the color of Ruger's stainless slides.

Good price these days.

------------------
Make mine lean, mean, and 9x19!

johnwill

About 6 months ago, I happened to stumble into a deal for one of these for $130 + $20 to transfer it. It was NIB with one stainless and one blued factory magazine. The guy was trying to sell it to the gunshop guy, but he was only a hired hand, and couldn't make a deal. I guess if you hang around a gunshop long enough, a deal might come by... :)

RCS

Well, I just bought it about an hour ago, unfortunately I can't pick it up until the fifth. The gun is on consignment, and that is the release date. I talked to them today, and it is unfired. Condidering that the hard chromed ones are $329 at another local store, I guess I did get a good deal.

[This message has been edited by RCS (edited June 23, 2000).]