Good news for the quarter bore.

std7mag

Hornady has just started releasing their 110gr. ELDX.
G1 BC of .466

Not widely available yet. Midwayusa, and a couple others have them. About $35 a box.

Question is, why did i first hear about them from a forum based out of New Zealand, and not locally?

Mike / Tx

My question is and has been, why would they go with a 110gr verses something in the 115-120gr range.

Most factory quarter bores are in a 1-10 twist, and customs can be down to around 1-8. Most LR bullets are longer and heavier for better SD and BC.

std7mag

The 110gr. might be a viable option for thr slower velocity cartridges such as the 250 Savage.
Bc is higher than a 115gr. Berger VLD Hunting.

joed

The 110gr. might be a viable option for thr slower velocity cartridges such as the 250 Savage.
Bc is higher than a 115gr. Berger VLD Hunting.
The Berger BC is .483 vs the Hornady at .466. Probably a good option for a Roberts or .250 Savage.

std7mag

Well, my distributor finally got some in. I picked up a box of them today.
Going to do load workup on 257 Roberts +P.
Using Hybrid 100V powder.
Will let you know how it goes.

hooligan1

I know that the Savage 110 in 25-06 we used to have loved 110 grn Accubonds and IMR 4831, REALLY LIKED THEM....

Confused: Are you suggesting the length of the barrel has something to do with how much pressure it can take, or are you trying to make up for velocity lost by not having a longer barrel?