Good Holster for WALTHER P99

ramp_tech

I sold my compact handgun last week so I am now stuck with a full size (4.15') Walther P99. Don't get me wrong, I love the gun, but a 6' 220 guy like me...it's hard to not show print while CCing.

I need some recommendations on holster, I would prefer something leather with a closed muzzle or at least long enough to cover the whole slide. I am not a big fan of IWB holster since I sweat a lot but I am okay with it, OWB/Belt will be best. I don't do cross draw and I don't carry in the back.

Thanks!:D

PS. Something under $100 would be ideal :)

ranburr

Tucker HF1 for OWB. Milt Sparks VMII for IWB. Just get the Sparks made in horsehide and sweat won't be an issue.

ramp_tech

I have heard of Tucker leather, don't they like have a 8 months turn around time? I am not sure I can wait that long...the duty holster I am using is just the way too obvious.:eek:

#18indycolts

I know you said you're not a fan of iwb, thats mainly what I carry my P99 in, also have a fobus tac holster for when I carry with the laser/tac light. The fobus is very comfortable.

fastbolt

I'm no longer a big fan of IWB. myself. ;)

I picked up a couple of DeSantis holsters for my SW99 standard & compact models. I bought mine from S&W (since I could get them at a discount as an armorer when S&W used to stock them). Decent enough.

I also tend to prefer a closed muzzle design, given my druthers, but increasingly more manufacturers have been adopting the open muzzle design (less work to produce, I'd imagine).

DeSantis still offers their Walther line of holsters. I went with the thumb break, myself, as I've had more than one open top leather & plastic holster release a pistol over the course of getting in & out of a car seat over a long day, or getting in & out of chairs with narrow arm rests. I also prefer a bit more security when wearing a belt holster on my motorcycle, too.

http://www.desantisholster.com/storefrontB2CWEB/browse.do?action=refresh_browse&ctg_id=3178

ranburr

I have heard of Tucker leather, don't they like have a 8 months turn around time? I am not sure I can wait that long...the duty holster I am using is just the way too obvious.

You said you wanted a good holster, not one fast. Good leather holster take time and money. If you want a good enough holster you need to get a Kydex model from Comp-Tac or Blade-Tech.