Good guy 1, bad guy 0

brianidaho

http://www.krem.com/

Check out the video link at the site.

SPOKANE - The Kootenai County Sheriff's Department says a store clerk at Lew's Smoke Shop shot and killed a robbery suspect earlier tonight. It happened just outside State Line Idaho around 8 p.m. When authorities arrived on the scene they found a white adult male, wearing a ski mask, dead on the floor. Authorities say when the suspect tried to rob the store, the clerk shot him. In a press release, Captain Ben Wolfinger says investigators will spend the rest of the night proscessing the crime scene. The identity of the would-be robber has not yet been determined. The name of the clerk is being withheld at this time. Stay with KREM.com for updates.

Ozzieman

Yea until

The family sues for killing there poor drug addict.
Then finds a lawyer that sues the gun company for causing such pain to the family of this poor man only trying to feed is poor family.
Then anti-gun people show one more cause for gun controle and riding the country of guns so that poor innocent people like him would still be alive.

But for those of us that have a thinking mind, we can only say,
One less drug addict
Thank god for the law that Pres Bush passed this year making those law suites unlawfull.
"Store owner, Good gun controle, you placed your shots well."

Ozzieman

Diddnt notice the "airsoft"

The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office said the suspect tried to rob the smokeshop with an Airsoft pellet gun.

Well if your that stupid to rob, and that much more stuipid to try to do it with a toy gun.
The streets are better without someone that stupid walking them.

blume357

to lighten it up some

One of the most valuable lessons I learned was when I was about 15... being cocky I went into a local rural country store wearing my crossman CO2 pistol... while at the counter the old geezer running the place who luckily knew me said something and like a dufus I took it out and pointed it at him. In the blink of an eye I had a 25 auto touching me right between the eyes.... Yes, I know he should not have by todays gun safe standards... because I know he had no thought of shooting me... but that old geezer taught me a lesson that day. You never every 'play with guns or even toys that look like guns'. You can end up dead...

blume357

Sure

He's guilty of ridding the world of some idiot.
One of the problems with having the attitude that it is 'better' to let the robber have the money is it then impowers them to do it again.

One thing is for sure...this crook won't be robbing anyone else.

brianidaho

Well, the local media is doing its best to drum up support for the criminal, supposedly he was a middle age father and husband, laid off from his job, and just got an eviction notice.

***??? OK, so he's down on his luck. Rather than going out and looking for a job, he decides to threaten to kill the clerk and terrorize him into giving up what he had worked for? What about the sympathy for the clerk, you know, the honest guy trying to do his job. I feel far more sympathy with what he has gone through, the terror of facing an armed criminal, who he had to anticipate was going to kill him. Now he has to live with killing the lowlife, and has to live in fear that he may face with a similar situation in the future.

The Kootenai County sherrif has been a good guy so far, with a demonstration to the local media on the similarities of an Airsoft to several common handguns.

On a similar note, there was another robbery of a local expresso stand a couple days ago. Seems that 3 good guys captured the crook and held him for authorities. Guess the guy fell down a few times while waiting...sounds like a clumsy crook. So, now the score is good guys 2, bad guys 0.

Bri