Good gun stores near Gaithersburg, MD?

longship

Hi All!

My family and I are visiting my in-laws in Gaithersburg, MD this Christmas season. Do any of you folks know of any good gun stores in that part of the world? I fear being so close to Washington it might be a bit "dry" up there regarding handguns but one can always hope.

I'm hoping to score some 9mm Winchester 124 gr. SXT +P+ at reasonable prices somewhere along this road trip. We'll see.

Happy Holidays to all!

Nobody

Probably the best is Potomac Arms on Rockville Pike in Rockville.

Gilberts is also up there, but quite frankly the last coulple of times I've been in the service couldn't have sucked any more than an industrial vacuum cleaner.

I got the feeling that it was a case of "why should I take your cash money when I can jaw with my friend about what beer we'll be drinking this evening."

Kharn

If you seem to pick up non-PC guns whenever you go into a gunstore, you might consider detouring to VA or PA during your trip. Maryland isnt exactly known for being kind to gun owners, and some shop owners might want to treat whatever you find as a regulated weapon, which could be interesting for someone from out of state.

Kharn

longship

Yeah, after perusing the laws a little bit, it appears I'll have to disarm to little more than a nail file while I'm up there in order to maintain legal status.

I'm a CCW holder/carrier in my State but there's no reciprocity though :(

I'll feel absolutely buck naked up there without a gun or a knife, especially with all the terrorist crap going on these days.

Funny side story. My inlaws are actually from NJ, we're all meeting at another family member's house in MD. One year, they asked my wife what I'd like for a Christmas present. Among other things I reload. At the time I was looking for some 9mm 147 gr Hornaday JHP bullets (not the loaded cartridges). Apparently they went to a gun store in NJ asking for JHP bullets and were given the third degree for wanting "dum-dum cop killer bullets". I was vaguely amused that a State would illegalize JHP's for handgun cartridges. Handgun + Self Defense Shooting = JHP in my book, not only for effectiveness but also for minimizing risk to innocent bystanders. The wife's family would like us to move up closer to them and they probably think I'm a total redneck because the idea of living in a part of the country that regulates so many aspects of your life is absurd to me. I'm surprised they don't have regs on the allowable quantity and quality of TP per bowel movement! ; )
Of course, NC seems to slowly be moving in that direction as well, especially in the more urban areas.

dZ

Gun Rack Limited
15420 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville, MD 20866
(301) 384-0607
" i don't know anything about hunting"

Atlantic Guns Inc
601 Hungerford Drive, Rockville, MD 20850
(301) 279-7983
Cowboy action emphasis

Gilbert Guns
1022 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 217-0055
Home of the 2300 dollar preban AR15

Gentlemen Hunter Inc.
(301) 907-4668
(301) 907-0880 (fax)
Bethesda
http://www.gentlemanhunter.com
Tweed & SxS crowd

Potomac Trading
Metro Area's Largest Train & Gun Shop
(301) 949-5656
http://www.lionelbuysell.com
More used rifles than you can shake a Winchester at

Article II Unlimited
Weaton MD
(301) 681-9866
Hole in the wall, upstairs in the back

Galyans
at Rio Gaithersburg
No FFL services

Sports Authority
12055 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 231-8650

Walmart

Kmart

Kharn

Longship: Just unload the gun (AND the magazine, in the eyes of the state police a loaded magazine is the same as a loaded gun) and seperate the gun and the magazine from the ammunition. Locked containers are a good idea.

MD doesnt give out registration cards, its just a point-of-sale thing, so only the state police can tell if you are registered or not. But if you arent doing anything illegal, you probably wont deal with them.

Kharn