Good gun show

Doc Hoy

Gun show in Norfolk was a good place to go today.

Came up with a Vaquero in .45 Long Colt - 529.00 NIB

Pistol002.jpg

Pistol001.jpg

Also bought 100 rounds of .45 LC for 48.00.

Last edited:

bedbugbilly

Congrats Doc! I have the 357 version - same as yours with the 5 1/2" barrel and I love it. I went with the 357 due to the cost of ammo and I can shoot the less expensive 38 spl. in it. It's a great shooting gun and I haven't had a problem with it or any of my other 5 Rugers. At some point, I'd like to get one of the 45 LC to match it. I've been saving my brass from mine and hope to get into the reloading this winter some time.

Enjoy yours! Pretty soon you're going to have to build a new display case just for your new fangled cartridge guns! :)

Doc Hoy

Couple responses

CMoutlon,

When I was closing the transaction, a gentleman walked up to sell what appeared to be a Glock in a black pistol case. It was an auto of some description.

Perhaps that was you.

BBB,

It is a funny thing....My wife said the same thing yesterday. It was her idea. I generally put six to eight revolvers in a case. I only have four that would go into this new case. So I need to buy four more revolvers. :D

Sure Shot,

Range report coming soon. I thought today but it is raining.

I wish I had been able to get a little bit better deal on this revolver. I think they are going for about 600.00 on Gunbroker but then you have to add shipping and FFL costs. But you subtract Virginia State tax. I guess I saved in total about a hundred bucks. So I can't complain.

I am particularly happy at buying .45LC ammunition for a little more than Cabelas is getting for unprimed cases.

The guy who sold me this revolver made a total of three deals just while I was standing there. He is going to be in Virginia Beach in a coupla weeks.