Good Gun Related Movies

TenRing

I just saw "The Tournament". Maybe I'm bit late seeing this but I don't see a lot of new movies and this one came out in 2009. This film was a good one for those who like to see guns starring in the movie. In this particular film there were a good assortment of firearms and a whole lot of shooting. A Taurus model 44 and a Smith & Wesson model 19 get lots of playing time. If you like to see a lot of shooting, rent this one.

This might be one of the best gun movies that I have ever seen.

Please chime in on other good gun movies that you recommend.

Single Six

"Dillinger" starring Warren Oates, made in the early '70s. It really fudges on the historical facts, but what a great gun flick. Also it's newer version, "Public Enemies". Lastly, the two most recent incarnations of Marvel Comic's pet vigilante, "The Punisher" and "Punisher: War Zone".

shrewd

i find most of michael mann movies handle firearms pretty well.

Collateral doesnt have too much gun play but when it does Cruise does a great job.

i thought Public Enemies did a fantastic job with the shootouts. very well done, realistic, and it was a plus to see some 1911s and thompsons in there.

Heat, duh.

The combat sequences in Miami Vice, however you feel about the rest of the movie, were fantastic.

two more, off the top of my head, are Shooter (sniper flick with whalberg) and The Kingdom, which has a fantastic final action sequence. Its very visceral, involves several different kinds of weapons from shotguns to rifles to rpgs, and feels very 'real'

any others guys?

gaseousclay

The Day of the Jackal, not to be confused with The Jackal starring Bruce Willis which was nothing more than a **** poor remake that bore no resemblance to the original book or film.