Good gun for IPSC Production Class Shooting...

Cerick

What are some of the best guns for IPSC production class shooting?

I'm thinking of getting the new S&W M&P 9L. I also like the looks of the new XD-M. What do you guys think?

mp9l.jpg

Last edited:

BanditSRT8

If you want a sweet SA trigger, and go on the lower end of the price range i highly suggest the EAA Witness Match. Match grade barrel, hand fitted slide, match trigger, hi capacity... and only $500!

Come in about every caliber too.

dsc0723jo2.jpg

dsc0728io2.jpg

dsc0726hc1.jpg

dsc0713qv0.jpg

softmentor

I'm old and have bad knees so I'll never be the next world's fastest, but I love shooting IPSA. I shoot my HK USP .45 in production class and also Limited 10. I do well and never loose time due to a jam. the gun is as reliable as the day is long and sincerely accurate. It also fits my hand well, the reduced recoil system makes it a joy to shoot and I get back on target or double tap with ease.
call me one happy shooter

1SOW

Production (normally) = 9mm

IPSC/USPSA

BanditSRT8: +1 Nice Witness!

Many shoot Glock, XD etc, (that S&W is sure ugly but it grips sweet) but I prefer steel guns especially for fast shooting/less flip, double taps and those longer range steel targets thrown in.
CZ 75B -4 3/4" bbl with a little trigger work and a lighter hammer spring. ($450?)
Cheap mags (Mec-Gar $18), accurate, reliable and a multitude of accessories readily available.

WESHOOT2

A33102

As Production Division is the only Division I do not compete in I can offer opinion only: Buy the one you like best.
Use that.