Good for me but, I dont understand it.

I get all the 9mm/40 ect to be picked up at the gun range.

But why on earth any one would leave 45 colt brass just laying on the floor is beyond me.

Have to love people who dont reload.:D

100_9953_zpsbms1wfyv.jpg

Kosh75287

Amen... Finding that many .45 Colt cases laying around is sorta like finding a roll of quarters when you clean under your car seats, or something.

Martys

Been me, I would have been "catching" them before they even hit the ground. I hate the "chicken dance" as it hurts by back!

FITASC

Some folks' time is worth more than the savings they would realize by reloading, OR they only shoot a box or so a year of a particular cartridge so getting all the necessary supplies actually costs more.

BobCat45

He said 45 Colt, not 45 ACP, and those look like 45 Colt cases - what some people upset other people by calling "45 Long Colt" - typically shot in a revolver.

I'm unaware of any self-loading pistol that shoots that caliber; maybe there is one? Otherwise either they were dumped from the cylinder or ejected from a lever-action rifle.

Maybe the person who left them figured they'd been reloaded enough times and didn't want them any more.

Salmoneye

In all the years of my brass scrounging, I have found exactly one .45 Colt case...

It's here in the desk drawer waiting for a mate...

m&p45acp10+1

I find up to fifty or so at a time at the range from time to time. Most times it is someone shooting a Judge. Most times that is all the .45 Colt it is ever going to shoot.

LE-28

Happiness is having access to a range that hosts police qualifications.

And sub machine guns. I watch dollar and dollars in brass fly out of those things and they just leave it.

thump_rrr

Last week I found 38 45 Colt and 35 .50 AE at the range.
I don't own either but a little more brass and I'll have to do something about it.

FrankenMauser

Yep.

I came across a nice pile of .44 Mag, .45 Colt, and .32 H&R at the local range last year.
After I snapped myself out of the bewildered trance, I had a difficult time seeing the brass through the tears of joy.

...Only to later spot multiple boxes of re-packaged brass in the trash can.
Someone went to the trouble of picking up their .380, 9mm, .40 S&W, and .38 Special; putting it all neatly back in the boxes; and then unceremoniously dumping it in the trash cans. Boggles the mind... :eek:

mikld

Ignorance is bliss. I'll bet if those shooters dumping 45 Colt brass envisioned them as dimes, they might become reloaders!

noylj

Where are the REST of them? Only 16 rounds fired? Should have been 15 or 18, if not a whole box of 20.

When I take someone shooting and I explain that I WANT help picking up my cases, I tell them to consider every case as MY dime laying on the ground and to gather all they can.

FITASC

And sub machine guns. I watch dollar and dollars in brass fly out of those things and they just leave it.

They only have value to someone who places a value on them. For some folks, it isn't a valuable comparison, to others it is a gold mine.

Ole Joe Clark

Recently a friend brought me some .45 colt, 38 spec, .45 ACP and some.50 AE hulls. He had been shooting with his Father and he doesn't reload. I ran the ones I use through deprime and cleanup, put the rest in the "range brass" bucket. I don't throw anything away.

Have a blessed day.

Mozella

But why on earth any one would leave 45 colt brass just laying on the floor is beyond me.

I'll tell why I would do it. I reload but I have no interest in 45 Colt brass. I would walk right past a 5 gallon bucket of it.

Now a pile of once-fired Lapua Match brass in .223 or 6mm BR Norma would catch my eye 'cause that's what I use, but I don't search the considerable amount of brass on the ground at my local range 'cause most folks don't discard Lapua Match cases.