were i could obtain some real black powder,
he said i got penty for sale:eek:, ok now we are
styling, so i took 3lbs of goex fff and 1lb of
gearhart-owen superfine ffff at 12 bucks a lb
and 1000 no 10 cci caps for 20 bucks, now i
thought that was a good deal, what do you
guys think.:cool:

Ifishsum

That's a good deal, I'd stock up at those prices. I had to go buy 3F Goex the other day and paid $16/lb and had to drive a ways to get it.

Daniel Shays

I think that is a good deal for the BP and an outstanding deal on the caps. I paid $12.00 for a # of BP in NH last year but it appears to be more everywhere else. But even at Wally World (I try not to buy much there in the way of gun stuff) caps are $4.44 or so per 100.

SAKOHUNTER

Went to my club shoot yesterday and they raised their price from $12 to $14 a pound and caps were still $3 per 100 for Remington #10 or #11.

Ifishsum

Long Rider, I have an easier time since joining a muzzle loader club and asking around for suppliers, before that I couldn't find any within an hour drive. None of the retailers where I buy loading supplies had it, only the subs.

sundance44s

Black powder clubs are a good place to buy real black powder ..they buy alot sometimes real cheap ...I`m a member of 2 clubs here and sometimes get a deal as good as 5 bucks a can ..of course it`s a made in China brand ..but it shoots well , and after all black powder was invented in China ..they uasually have Goex for around 10 bucks a can .
Lately I`ve been ordering by the case myself from Powder Inc. ..uasually 10 bucks a can to my front door ...no gas involved , but you have to get 25 lbs to get this kind of deal .
I just like staying with real black powder these day ...no more subs for me .
I like to stay historically correct with my guns ...so why not my powder ...they`ll never shoot any better with any sub ..as they will with real black powder...and I like the charcoal smell .

long rider

I am like you sundance44, i just love the smell
of real black powder, its the smell of the years
gone by:p.
AH my wife thinks i am nuts, she says it stinks,
and i say yep it smells better than your perfume,
she gets mad.:eek::D