Good deal on used HK P7M8?

jtduncan

Just bought a used 1983/84 HK P7 PSP with trijicon night sights, 4 mags, and hard chromed by Metalife. Carried by Ohio cop off duty. $699.

Not a factory refurb but probably gentle treated since it was his personal carry piece.

Good deal?

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter
If it can't shoot jacketed rat ****s powered by mouse farts, I ain't gonna shoot it!

[This message has been edited by jtduncan (edited January 07, 2000).]

ATM

Sounds like a real good deal. The P7 does have its weakpoints, although they are few. One is the bottom corners of the breech face. There is what looks like weld deposit there, and you can get cracks developing over time. Also the cylinder/piston area needs frequent cleaning. I have seen P7's locked up, needing a hammer to get the slide moving, due to owner neglect. Rust and shooting cast lead bullets will do this. Do not let either occur. Other then the above the P7 is basically foolproof, reliable, accurate, fast, and very concealable. This is why I own three, and a fourth in the near future.

By the way for concealed carry getting a finish such as ROGARD, NP3, Hard chrome, Black T, etc. is a very smart move. HK's bluing job is not the most durable, and will turn reddish brown quickly in the presence of body liquids.

------------------
Freedom is not Free

sigpro

Regret selling my P7M8 three years ago that I bought for $600 used and in like-new- condition with 2 mags. I now hope to find a used one to buy at a good price and to keep.

Ulfilas

I found a place in Hollywood (FL) where they have a few P7M8s in good condition for about $600 apiece.

jth

------------------
Whatever happened to Cincinnatus?

jtduncan

What's their phone number or their webiste and have you seen them?

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter
If it can't shoot jacketed rat ****s powered by mouse farts, I ain't gonna shoot it!