Good Deal - Mossburg 500 for Colt Agent

Traded last night with my brother-in-law, my Mossberg 500 for his Colt Agent. Seems in pretty good shape, a little wear where it hits the holster, a little corrosion on the sides of the hammer.

Shoots low, but could just need to get used to the sight.

What would be a good self-defense round for this?

VictorLouis

Me thinks you took advantage of a family member.:eek::D
Those scatterguns are everywhere, but NOT lightweight D-frames. You done good.:cool: I'll leave the ammo suggestions to the others.

Gator

KAM_Indianapolis,

I keep my Colt Cobra ready with 110 grain Fed. Hydroshock. They shoot very nicely out of my revolver.

Gator

alp-257

Congratulations you made an excellent trade.

Does your wife know about "the transaction" with her brother?

What kind of bullet did you shoot? Normally faster bullets impact low, try with a heavier one or at a lower velocity.

ALP

The shotgun did come with 2 barrels, an extra choke, a turkey choke mounted on the installed barrel, and a fiber-optic front sight. I was thinking I got the better end of the deal, also giving him my old CB. And yes the wife knows about it.

Shot 158gr Federals I believe, plus some generic lead target ammo.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Currently it has pachymar grips on it, but will probably change over to Hogue (have them on 2 other guns and love them.)

Also need to get a couple good holsters for it. Going to use this as a jogging/biking/hiking gun. Mainly for two legged critters that mace doesn't deter.

Dfariswheel

It's hard to go wrong with the +P 158 gr. lead, semi-wadcutter, hollow point. This is known (depending on where you live) as the FBI, Federal, St. Louis, New Orleans, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Miami load. Most ammo manufacturers offer this load, and it's usually cheap. This is the round that ended the complaints about .38 Special failures to stop.

Your Agent can handle 1500 rounds of +P, and then needs to be sent in to Colt for a check up.