Good buy, but last buy

hotcha45

Academy had Stevens 200s on sale as one of their Black Friday specials and for a cheap rifle they have a pretty good rep I stood in line in the cold to buy a 7-08 (been wanting to play with that cartridge). Academy has always been slow with all their checklists and the like, but had gotten even slower (1.5 hours to buy a rifle) as they now enter every conceivable piece of information about the firearm purchase into a gun registration database while you watch! I was told 'it was required' and the info is only available to managers, corporate and the folk to whom they make the background check calls! Gosh that made me feel better. Academy has lost me as a customer, that's for sure.

JWT

I would have walked away from the purchase as soon as they started to enter information into a computer data base. No way any company needs to collect that type of information. If that's their 'company policy' they wouldn't have me as a customer.

hotcha45

$240. What really depressed me was that I was the only one of the gun buyers who had any problem with that registration database. I asked around and it seems they (Academy) just started this a little over a week ago.

RUT

>>they now enter every conceivable piece of information about the firearm purchase into a gun registration database while you watch<<

And where would this be, pray tell?? (as in, what state?)