gonna buy a semi shot gun

shane

I am about to purchase a semi-auto shotgun. Any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful.
Like to go in for small sum of cash.

Shane

fal308

Staff Alumnus
Around here you can pick up a Benelli for around $800 though they are starting to get scarce. Beretta go for just under $600. It all depends on your budget.
Anyone handled the new commercial Mossberg Jungle Gun yet? Supposedly mil-spec rated, according to the ad I saw.

Rob Pincus

Do a search on "Benelli" with my name in member section to see a few of my posts of the subject.

------------------
-Essayons

motorep

For about 1/2 the price of a Benelli you can get an 1100.Depends on your intended use and what you regard as "cheap".

ATM

FAL308 -

I had a chance to shoot one at LFI this summer, another student had one. RRRREEEAAALLL sweet, soft, easy to maneuver and it handles the tactical buck loads with no hiccups. I usually shoot an M3, which is longer and more muzzle heavy then the jungle gun.
Mossberg catalogs this as the Model 9200 for civilian sale, runs as I recall about $500 dollars depending on the options. Ghost rings, and parkerizing are available, for more money of course.
Hope this helps you out.

------------------
Freedom is not Free

fal308

Staff Alumnus
Saiga is a semi-auto 12 gauge that looks like it's built on an AK style action. Don't believe it's available yet though. Anyone else know of availability?