Gold Bead front sight on J-frame

EdInk

Does anyone have a gold bead added to the frontsight of their j-frame or any other fixed sight revolver?

If so, how do you like it? Who did the mod? Is the low light visiblity any better than just white nail polish?

kraigwy

I have a Model 64 I shoot ICORE with. Being stainless the front sight is hard to see in bright sunlight. I took some florescent orange paint (that I use on my steel targets) and painted the front sight. Now that sight just screams LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME. It helps a lot.

So I decided to try it on my 642, again it really makes the front sight jump out there in bright sunlight.

I have CT laser sights for low light conditions.

Still, the best thing for get on your front sight is lots and lots of practice, dry fire and live fire.

MK11

I've got a gold bead on my SP101 put on there by Gemini Customs (I believe they work on J-frames as well).

I'm very happy with it, it jumps out at you if there's decent light. However, it's not that visible in low light. I would say it's on par with the dedicated sight paints.

stevieboy

My Smith and Wesson 625JM (definitely NOT a J-frame) has a gold bead on a Patridge front sight. I'm not at all happy with it and am thinking of replacing it with a fiber optic front sight. The gold bead stands out nicely when the front sight is backlighted from behind. In other words, it works only when light reflects from it. Otherwise, it's barely noticeable. In low light the gold bead front sight is no more visible than would be a plain Patridge sight.