Going to try some Ramshot

jsflagstad

Went to a couple of local places today looking for supplies. I was looking for some Varget and SM and LG rifle primers. Gander Mtn. had no Varget and their primers were $4.99 per 100. I passed and decided to head over to the local mom and pop shops. They too were out of Varget and have been for quite some time as I stop there every couple of weeks and get the "it's on order" each time.

Anyway, he seemed to have a surplus of Ramshot powder on hand so I figured I'd give it a try. I picked up some "TAC" for my 204 Ruger and some "Big Game" for my 7mm-08. This will be a first for me with this brand of powder and I haven't really heard anything bad about it, so I am optimistic. Heck, if it works out I may go back and get some more as it looks like Varget is not going to be stocked anytime soon and this was reasonably priced at $20 per lb.

I also picked up 600 primers at $3.49 per 100 so they were a little better deal than Gander Mtn.

steve4102

I use a lot of Ramshot Powders. Tac, X-T, BigGame, Hunter and Silhouette. I like them, I like them a lot. I even use BigGame in my son's 7mm-08. 140gr Partition and BigGame is a winning combo in his rifle.

A_Gamehog

Tac is great and inexpensive, meters well

I use it in my:
.223 55Vmax 25.5grains great 200 yard accuracy 1.9 twist ar-15
22-250 34 grains and also great accuracy in 50 grain rem plhp 1.14 twist
30-06 50.5 grains and 147 FMJ winchester 1.10 twist 3,000+fps mag primer