going to order a savage .22lr...

bigghoss

so I was pretty much set on ordering a savage MKII TR( or maybe a TRR) but while I was double checking I discovered the 64 TRR. I'm still leaning towards the MKII because I would expect it to be more accurate but the 64 is about $150 cheaper I think. I was also planning on building a clone of the ruger 10/22 target tactical down the road and the savage 64 is pretty close for less money so I might end up with both of the savages. as much as I'd like to build from scratch I want an accurate rifle that's good to go right now for in the meantime that won't end up colleting dust latter.

kx592

Stick with the markII, there not all expensive to begin with, got mine for 200 at dicks. Very good gun

bigghoss

$200 is more in line with a more basic MKII. I'm looking at the TR wich has a nicer stock than most and has more of a tactical/sniper style to it. they run about $400.

Que

I just picked up a Mark II BTVXP with Accutrigger at Dick's for $279. This is the heavy bull barrel in a laminate thumbhole stock scoped with a Bushnell 3-9x40. While the scope is most likely not the best I think that it will be just fine for a .22. I generally don't go for package deals with rings and scopes, but this one I couldn't resist.

Que

yeah not my style. I'm looking SPECIFICALLY at the TR line and ONLY the TR line.

Yeah, same with me. Most of my rifles are of a more tactical configuration, but I've never really seen that for me for a .22. My 10FV and 700 SPS Tactical, heck yeah. On the other hand, it would be nice to have a .22LR in tactical configuration to practice for the larger calibers.

I'm thinking that the $150 more for a bolt Mark II might be worth it over the semi 64 in terms of accuracy.

I do like the looks of that MK II TR.

mrgoodwrench76

Never seen the TR line till now. Thanks Bigghoss, now I gotta go visit the LGS and place my order. When my wife asks, I'm blaming you. :D