Going from a P3AT to a PM9

rdmallory

Has anyone carried both?

I have a Kahr P9 with the ported barrel and a Keltec P3AT and I find the Kahr in the safe and the P3AT in my back pocket most of the time.

Has anyone pocket carried the PM9?

I am looking to consolidate some of my ammo and don't really like a .380 for protection.

orionengnr

Yep. I had two P3ATs but they never could get me to put the PM9 in the safe and leave it there. I pocket carried the PM9 for about three years and have put a good number of JHPs through it (many varieties). I am currently IWBing a P45, although I will never get rid of the PM9.

FWIW, I also have an LCP, which works perfectly (unlike either of the P3ATs) however, I have marginal faith in the 380 cartridge.

FishEngineer

I've pocket carried my PM9 a bit in cargo pants or in a rear pocket in jeans. I prefer an OWB holster like the Galco Matrix 7X with an untucked shirt. Hard to beat the time to draw on that rig.

zombieslayer

My p3at was a workhorse, I liked it but once the LCP became affordable, I got one. I used to carry a PF9, but I'm saving now for a PPS

ghostriderftl

I have been tinking about switching too. I don't have much faith in the 380 round, but when clothing does not permit me to carry something larger I find myself with the 380 because it is so flat and light. The PM9 is twice the weight of my P3AT. It's a catch 22 so I think I will end up keeping it.

ChihuahuaTN

I have them both, I guess I am an odd-ball but my P3AT is still my many carry gun. NOT cause I don't like the PM9 (its been flawless), but I cant pocket carry the PM9. The Kahr PM9 is a great IWB gun but I find myself MORE "physically" comfortable with the P3AT in my pocket.

Even with the PM9 IWB I have to adjust siting, dress, and I feel the mag release is very sensitive and I have at times inadvertently released the mag. I feel more comfortable with the 9mm over the .380 , but I carry the P3AT better. I also am in khakis, dress shirt bow-tie, white coat 90% of the day. Ask yourself what do you mostly wear?

The bottom line is that I found I would more consistently carry the P3AT (insert LCP, P380) more comfortably than my other IWB handguns of similar size to the PM9.