Goin' heeled

ligonierbill

I picked up my Ohio CCW this afternoon, 10 days after applying. All things considered, it's a user friendly process here. I will be carrying a Glock 23 in a Dillon holster, or if I can't hide that, the much maligned P-32 loaded with Buffalo Bore +P. By the way, I enjoy shooting that little Kel-Tec, and it is surprisingly accurate. It will ride in a DiSantos Nemesis.

dakota223

Welcome to the wonderfull world of carrying concealed, especially in ohio. Now you just have to learn to by your shirts xtra tall so they dont ride up when you stretch and if you have to use a public restroom. Youll learn how to deal with your holster then. So you dont have people staring or little kids yelling daddy daddy that mans got a gun.

ActivShootr

Not ranting but...

don't be the guy wearing the Danner boots, 5.11 pants, SigTac vest and Glock hat either. ;) There are lots of good ideas on this forum about how to dress around your rig. Don't forget about your belt. Buy a good double-stiched leather belt. Nothing (besides a fanny pack:D) says I HAVE A GUN more than constantly tugging on your holster. You can find discreet-looking gunbelts through most of your major gunleather manufacturers.

Doug260

Congratulations on your CCW approval.

I applied for a CPL (Concealed Pistol License) here in Michiganistan 6 weeks ago. I got a letter from the County Clerk yesterday telling me I have an appointment to appear before the gun board in 2 weeks to get final approval. Just a formality (so I am told) in our county. Many counties in Michigan don't require an interview, they just send you the license if you pass the background check. I am surprised how quickly the process works in some other states. At least we can get them in Michigan. It just takes a little longer. I'll have to decide what holster to get now. I am thinking of a Crossbreed SuperTuck to carry a M&P 9fs. I have been trying out different ways to carry while inside my house. I can carry it fine in the 4 o'clock position just tucked inside my jeans. I think that is the position I want to carry but I don't trust it without some kind of holster. So far, I have not told my wife when I have it on me and she has not noticed. I guess that is a good sign. I am not trying to hide anything from her, just seeing if she notices. With a button down shirt loosely tucked in over the gun it is unnoticeable when I look in a full length mirror.

mrt949

Carry a seecamp 32. front pocket always cc in fl means no printing.happy carrying ;)

Last edited:

JasonG

The 32. In the fron pocket will fit anywhere.
Sorry but you're going to have to loose weight or start buying new pants that are 1 or 2 sizes larger, especially with the glock.
If your pants are 34s send them to me. ;) I'm a 32 waist, sacrifices to carry IWB, but they're worth it.
Oh, and welcome.

The Great Mahoo

Sorry but you're going to have to loose weight or start buying new pants that are 1 or 2 sizes larger, especially with the glock.
It helps to go a size bigger, but isn't 100% nessecary. I wear 38's normally (ok, I could lose a few pounds) but they aren't real tight in the waiste. I occasionally wear 40's when carrying IWB with my Glock 36, but can hide it comfortably in my 38's as well. I guess it depends on how tight your pants are as to whether you need to go up a size.

My problem is finding them in 34 inch length. Nobody seems to carry those....

Oh, and welcome to concealed carry, ligonierbill.